IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Blaine Fabrication.comSolo PerformanceHotpart.comUMI PerformanceUnbalanced Engineering

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Passenger seat suggestions
wastntim
post Jan 16 2011, 04:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845

I have a 89 firebird that I'm running in CMC2. Last season was my first in the car. I'm looking to maybe get some instruction this year. I need seat suggestions for the passenger side. I have a Kirkey full containment seat for the driver. All suggestions are appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Jan 16 2011, 08:17 AM
Post #2

I build race cars

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 874

A Kirkey Intermediate RR would work well, mounts very much the same as your drivers seat, and is not expensive. Add a 6pt harness with clip in subs and laps and it can be in or out in about 10min. About $400 new. The least expensive FIA seat I'd recommend starts closer to $600.

A 16" width will comfortably fit all the instructors that I know.

I think a HR seat on the passenger side is overkill since you'll be getting instruction in a HPDE session at less than 10/10ths, the HR wings on the passenger side can block the drivers visibility, and if something does go badly your instructors will not have practiced exiting the car in 10 seconds.

This post has been edited by Blainefab: Jan 16 2011, 08:18 AM

+Quote Post
cccbock
post Jan 16 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,113

QUOTE (Blainefab @ Jan 16 2011, 03:17 AM) *
A Kirkey Intermediate RR would work well, mounts very much the same as your drivers seat, and is not expensive. Add a 6pt harness with clip in subs and laps and it can be in or out in about 10min. About $400 new. The least expensive FIA seat I'd recommend starts closer to $600.

A 16" width will comfortably fit all the instructors that I know.

I think a HR seat on the passenger side is overkill since you'll be getting instruction in a HPDE session at less than 10/10ths, the HR wings on the passenger side can block the drivers visibility, and if something does go badly your instructors will not have practiced exiting the car in 10 seconds.

My son has a "new" (in quotes cuz it has been sitting in the garage for 2 years) Kirkey seat with cover that he might be willing to sell reasonable. Never been drilled or modified. If interested, let me know and I will contact him. I think we also may have some bracketry.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:45 PM