IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Blaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringHotpart.comUMI PerformanceSolo Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need a vendor for Canton pans, NuTek = DOA
trax
post Aug 30 2004, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 131

Nu-Tek Motorsports, to my knowledge, is officially out of business. Their phone has been disconnected, and their website looks like it's down. From what I've heard of their customer service, it was time.

Anyways, they used to have a pretty cool Canton oiling system deal:
Canton 242T Pan
Pickup
Melling HV pump
ARP pump shaft
ARP pump stud

Total price was in the $325-$375 range I believe. Now that Canton is out of business, are there any other vendors out there that can put together a package deal like this?

Futral Motorsports on LS1Tech is putting a GP together, but after talking on the phone with them they only deal with the pans themselves.

Any info? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Aug 30 2004, 07:29 PM
Post #2

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

I think Sam deals with Keystone auto parts (it's a warehouse) and I thought they carried Canton stuff (when I worked at a store that dealt with them which has been 10 years ago). He may be able to get you something. I won't swear to that, but it's worth a shot. Or, call canton and check for vendors, I'm sure they know who sells their stuff.

+Quote Post
Formula WS6
post Aug 30 2004, 11:43 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45

i thought Nu tek was good stuff?

+Quote Post
slowTA
post Aug 31 2004, 02:22 AM
Post #4

Experienced Member

Member No.: 331

I bought mine right from Canton! When I placed my order the guy said to give him the correct answer when he asked if I was a business.

+Quote Post
trax
post Aug 31 2004, 05:15 AM
Post #5

Trey - At least from what I've read on some of the other boards, Nick was very inconsistent... he'd put together amazing $5,000+ stroker motors, and then the next customer in line wouldn't be able to contact him for months at a time. I never dealt with him personally... but from the sound of it, towards the end the every new customer he got seemed to post up complaints about dealing with him.

Chris - Just out of curiousity, what did that run you? More importantly, what happens after you say "yes, I'm a business"?

+Quote Post
slowTA
post Aug 31 2004, 08:20 PM
Post #6

Experienced Member

It cost me what the website said. http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/pans/r..._road_race.html

The guy didn't really say that they sell cheaper to a business. He just asked if the pan was going to a business or not. I hesitated (my dad has a small drafitng business in his office) and that was when he said to give him the right answer. This was after multiple calls for prices based on different options and stuff, so maybe someone else wouldn't have asked?

+Quote Post
bobbylee
post Aug 31 2004, 10:49 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 396

I just bought a Canton 242T from Internet Racer's Supply in Houston. (www.racenet.net). It was $260. They also have the pickup ($37), pump driveshaft ($13), and the mounting stud ($17). That's $327. I bought a Melling M55A High Pressure pump from Northern Auto Parts for $30., and the stud kit and driveshaft are cheaper there too. I'll pressure balance the pump myself instead of paying Canton $30 to do it.

+Quote Post
slowTA
post Sep 1 2004, 12:28 AM
Post #8

Experienced Member

I went with the canton pump and pickup since they welded it on for me. Now that I recall it better one of the salesmen I talked to said it was a pretty small fee to weld the pickup on... my invoice said $20!! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/nutkick.gif)

+Quote Post
Formula WS6
post Sep 1 2004, 02:22 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45

are there any other choices for larger pans other than canton?

+Quote Post
slowTA
post Sep 1 2004, 02:40 AM
Post #10

Experienced Member

I know summit has a few more brands. Milodon, Moroso, Steff's maybe, and another I can't remember. You can also find some off the wall brands that cut open factory pans and weld on all kinds of different sumps. Usually you can find those at swap meets and you're stuck wtih the parts once you notice the leaks.

+Quote Post
trax
post Sep 1 2004, 12:49 PM
Post #11

In regards to the other manufacturers, I made a post on this back in June...

http://frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=1585

Short of getting a custom pan made, it looks like Canton is the only viable option for a non-drag oriented vehicle at the moment.

Dammit... I've gotta stop getting sidetracked by all the GP's out there and just buy this freakin' thing (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:25 AM