IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Solo PerformanceUMI PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comHotpart.comUnbalanced Engineering
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Granatelli 200mph clocks, Where do you send it?
Tony99SS
post Apr 23 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 291

Mention of Granatelli in another thread reminded me I have a 1998 cluster packed away that I had intended to send away to be converted to a 200mph speedo.

The Granatelli site doesn't market directly via the internet, urging anyone visiting to contact one of their vendors. Clicking the buy now link sends you to a vendor's page that doesn't list the conversion.

Do their vendors do the conversions? If so, anyone had experience with any particular one? Did you just have to contact them using that antique device - the telephone?

Anyone?
Boyce?
Bueller?

This post has been edited by Tony99SS: Apr 23 2006, 03:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
98_1LE
post Apr 23 2006, 04:43 AM
Post #2

Experienced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Tony99SS @ Apr 22 2006, 10:52 PM) *
Bueller?

I am pretty sure LG has a relationship with Granatelli. I have had the 200mph gauges in my T/A for about 4 years now.

+Quote Post
Cal
post Apr 30 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #3

Experienced Member

Member No.: 317

PM Nata SS Inc. He has them in his car. He may not see this thread as he's probably in the middle of WWIII with the old lady, poor bastard. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

I'll be wathcing this thread, because I want one too . . . that is if I have any money left after my old lady gets through divorcing me. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

This post has been edited by Cal: Apr 30 2006, 04:58 PM

+Quote Post
NataSS Inc
post May 1 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 73

When I got mine it was a GP direct through Granatelli back in the days when they were a sponsor on LS1tech.com. I would say just pick up the phone and call them. If they give you any crap about going through a vendor, ask them to recommend one.

I don't know if LG still has a relation ship with them but you could try there.

+Quote Post
98_1LE
post May 6 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #5

Experienced Member

Well I waited long enough for a sponsor to step up (hopefully. If not please delete this Kevin). I bought my gauges through Dynamic Motorsports, the DMS springs guy. Great to work with. http://www.dynamicmotorsports.com/

+Quote Post
Tony99SS
post May 6 2006, 06:55 AM
Post #6

FWIW, I emailed LG, and got no reply whatsoever. Not even a read receipt. (I sure got a receipt for the $150 "token" part I purchased to "grease the wheels" along with my question, though!) (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif)

Kind of a drag! Reminds me of the stir Louis started about backing plates with brake ducting last year that went nowhere.

And the leaked pics of K-members three years ago that went nowhere.

I keep forgetting the F-body platform seems to have been abandoned by some vendors.

As for the gauge issue, I was going to go with Boyce, and pick up the phone. I may try these Dynamic Motorsports guys.

QUOTE (98_1LE @ May 5 2006, 08:59 PM) *
Well I waited long enough for a sponsor to step up (hopefully. If not please delete this Kevin). I bought my gauges through Dynamic Motorsports, the DMS springs guy. Great to work with. http://www.dynamicmotorsports.com/

This post has been edited by Tony99SS: May 6 2006, 07:06 AM

+Quote Post
Tony99SS
post May 12 2006, 01:49 AM
Post #7

No answer yet from Dynamic either! GRRRRR!! I resent my email to them a few days ago and still nothing.

Tony

QUOTE (Tony99SS @ May 6 2006, 01:55 AM) *
FWIW, I emailed LG, and got no reply whatsoever. Not even a read receipt. (I sure got a receipt for the $150 "token" part I purchased to "grease the wheels" along with my question, though!) (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif)

Kind of a drag! Reminds me of the stir Louis started about backing plates with brake ducting last year that went nowhere.

And the leaked pics of K-members three years ago that went nowhere.

I keep forgetting the F-body platform seems to have been abandoned by some vendors.

As for the gauge issue, I was going to go with Boyce, and pick up the phone. I may try these Dynamic Motorsports guys.

QUOTE (98_1LE @ May 5 2006, 08:59 PM) *

+Quote Post
NataSS Inc
post May 12 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 73

I don't know what the freaking problem is now days but sponsors are getting REAL bad about returning emails and phone calls. One would think that if another person had thier hand out with a pile of cash in it that you would jump. But that hasnt been the case. I am not pointing the finger at one shop individually, this is a trend I have been noticing over the past couple of months.

However, I have been trying to get ahold of both Lou and Louis and don't hear back from them. I know they are on the circut right now so I don't expect them to jump. Louis is also up to his ears right now in finals.

+Quote Post
gillbot
post May 21 2006, 04:19 AM
Post #9

www.daytonfbody.org

Member No.: 502

QUOTE (NataSS Inc @ May 12 2006, 01:01 PM) *
I don't know what the freaking problem is now days but sponsors are getting REAL bad about returning emails and phone calls. One would think that if another person had thier hand out with a pile of cash in it that you would jump. But that hasnt been the case. I am not pointing the finger at one shop individually, this is a trend I have been noticing over the past couple of months.

However, I have been trying to get ahold of both Lou and Louis and don't hear back from them. I know they are on the circut right now so I don't expect them to jump. Louis is also up to his ears right now in finals.

I've asked DynamicMotorsports a few questions and lately never get a reply. Eric used to be good about returning email but lately I get nothing.

+Quote Post
ProjectJ
post May 22 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #10

Jegs - Supporting Vendor

Member No.: 792

I called GMS last Friday evening (12th) when I saw this post. I waited on hold for 10 minutes or so and finally gave up as it was past time for me to go. I had meant to call them back on Monday, but forgot. I guess I should have written myself a note. I'll call them today when they open and see what I can find out. I realize it's too late for the original poster now (sorry), but I'd still like to know how they do it out of my own curiosity if nothing else.

I was telling Kevin the other day that I am pretty sure that you had to send it right to GMS and that we usually just sent you directly to them to make the purchase. We could probably make an invoice and bill you for the work, then set it up with them to bill us in turn - but it has been my/our experience that getting too many "cooks in one pot" can be a disaster sometimes when you are relying on another company to do things the way you do them (any company- not singling out GMS). There are alot of cases where just having something drop-shipped turns out to be a never-ending wait due to unforeseen delays and such.

I'll let you know what they tell me is the "preferred" method of ordering/shipping.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
ProjectJ
post May 22 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #11

Jegs - Supporting Vendor

Okay. I spoke to Mary Anne at GMS. She said that she is the one that handles all of the orders for these clusters. They prefer to only take orders for them directly (for the same reasons I stated earlier) and that anyone interested should call her directly at ext #21 to make arrangements. The service charge is $325 which includes the new face and calibration. They have a guy come in to do these every Tuesday and Thursday, so it should be a fairly fast turnaround once they get your cluster.

+Quote Post
killer_bluebird
post May 22 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,010

QUOTE (ProjectJ @ May 22 2006, 09:26 AM) *
Okay. I spoke to Mary Anne at GMS. She said that she is the one that handles all of the orders for these clusters. They prefer to only take orders for them directly (for the same reasons I stated earlier) and that anyone interested should call her directly at ext #21 to make arrangements. The service charge is $325 which includes the new face and calibration. They have a guy come in to do these every Tuesday and Thursday, so it should be a fairly fast turnaround once they get your cluster.

Do they have an option for a white face for the gauge? Just curious because I like my white face gauges I would want to keep that if changing to a 200mph gauge.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post May 22 2006, 04:12 PM
Post #13

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

It sticks in my head that they have white faces available, but it might be worth calling them to verify (since you'll have to go direct to order one).

+Quote Post
AndyJ
post May 22 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 791

This mod is only for the LS1 cars right? I think I looked at it last year.

Tell me again why we need a 200 mph speedo?

+Quote Post
ProjectJ
post May 22 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #15

Jegs - Supporting Vendor

These are for 1997-02 and are available in black, white and blue face.

+Quote Post
98_1LE
post May 22 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #16

Experienced Member

Back in 2002 when I did the 200mph gauges, they were offered in blue, white, and black (stock looking). I think they will work on '97+ cars that have the digital (not mechanical) odometer.

One thing I did not expect but is was that the face is for a Camaro, not a T/A. While it works, it changes the color from red to white, and there is an extra small hole that is visible with the lights on. Granatelli suggested I pull it out, take it apart, and put a piece of black tape on the back of the hole. I chose to live with it.

As for why do we need them? Well having been past 155 a few times, where the stock gauge hits the pin, I like them. With GPS they would not be mandatory, but if nothing else are a cool conversation piece.

FWIW GMS used to run a special/GP on these for $225 or $250.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post May 22 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #17

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 22 2006, 12:23 PM) *

Andy, you've heard the old saying:

If you have to ask..... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotf.gif)

+Quote Post
AndyJ
post May 22 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 791

QUOTE (trackbird @ May 22 2006, 12:02 PM) *
QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 22 2006, 12:23 PM) *

Andy, you've heard the old saying:

If you have to ask..... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotf.gif)

I think it looks cool -- I really do. I did a cluster conversion on a Caprice with a digital over to a camaro cluster. It turned out well.... and I did it for the same reason; the coolness factor.

FWIW, everytime I have been over 155, there is a navi in the right seat telling me how fast and where we are.

"Just shut up and drive dude. " (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/gr_driving3.gif)

+Quote Post
killer_bluebird
post May 22 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,010

QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 22 2006, 10:23 AM) *

So when I get arrested at least I know how much faster over 155mph I was really going. I mean how do I know that the cop really clocked me at 168mph and not 165mph? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post May 22 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #20

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (killer_bluebird @ May 22 2006, 03:18 PM) *
QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 22 2006, 10:23 AM) *

So when I get arrested at least I know how much faster over 155mph I was really going. I mean how do I know that the cop really clocked me at 168mph and not 165mph? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Well, if you haven't moved your top speed limiter, he'll clock you at 162 (or less, depending on speedo error and tire wear).

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:26 AM