IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Solo PerformanceUMI PerformanceUnbalanced EngineeringHotpart.comBlaine Fabrication.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alarm Recommendation
bubba353z
post Nov 1 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 410

Anyone got a recommendation on a decent, moderately priced car alarm?

Some punks broke into my Civic last night and stole the stereo. Fortunately it was a relatively cheap stereo, but by the time insurance replaces the window, stereo, and bezels / mounting brackets - it will be a decent chunk of change. Fortunately I only have a $250 deductable, so I'm not on the hook for the whole tab.

Should have known better, it being Halloween and all - but I've got three cars and only a two car garage. So unless I move one car has to sit out. I suspect if I had left the Z out, all that would have been left would have been the broken glass. I figure that an alarm might have scared them away - even if I would have been out a window.

Thieves..... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/bigun2.gif)

This post has been edited by bubba353z: Nov 1 2006, 11:24 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BumpaD_Z28
post Nov 1 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,416

I used to be in the car audio and alarm install buisness, and "I" always liked the DEI brand alarms, VIPER, Clifford, Python Etc. etc. ....

http://www.directed.com/

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Nov 2 2006, 02:03 AM
Post #3

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

That sucks Mike. I was wondering which car it was when I saw the thread. Was that the Blaupunkt or had you finally replaced that one recently (I thought you said it was new).

I was going to say Viper as well. I had one, and reinstalled it in other cars I had and I installed their "self install" line (I forget the name now, just went blank) in my sisters car. I used to do alarms for a living, but I worked at "non-viper" dealer and installed other stuff.

+Quote Post
00 Trans Ram
post Nov 2 2006, 02:13 AM
Post #4

Experienced Member

Member No.: 303

I used to have one of the ones with a proximity alert. It was a convertible Firebird, and I often left the top down to run into stores and such. So, I had it cranked up. It chirped when car's drove by or the wind rustled tree branches near the driveway. You couldn't stand next to the car without it going off.

+Quote Post
bubba353z
post Nov 2 2006, 02:13 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 410

QUOTE (trackbird @ Nov 1 2006, 09:03 PM) *
That sucks Mike. I was wondering which car it was when I saw the thread. Was that the Blaupunkt or had you finally replaced that one recently (I thought you said it was new).

I was going to say Viper as well. I had one, and reinstalled it in other cars I had and I installed their "self install" line (I forget the name now, just went blank) in my sisters car. I used to do alarms for a living, but I worked at "non-viper" dealer and installed other stuff.

It was an inexpensive Alpine only about 6 months old - damn I liked it too. Can't get it anymore, so I'll probably look at the equivalent new one - about $149 at Crutchfield. Not a lot of $, more just the hassle of the whole thing.

My only fear is that they'll come back for the replacement. Stupid to hit the same car more than once, but then criminals aren't smart.....

I was going to put the Z into storage this weekend - guess I should have done it a week earlier. Linda's in Florida - first thing I told her is that I want to move (again) (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Metlegleo
post Nov 2 2006, 05:56 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 102

Clifford is the better version of the Viper alarm. The wiring is of better quality and my friends that are "still" in the business recommend it.

This post has been edited by Metlegleo: Nov 2 2006, 06:00 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:00 AM