IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Unbalanced EngineeringUMI PerformanceSolo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comHotpart.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> About how much is a 92 1Le worth?
INTMD8
post Jan 29 2005, 05:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 602

My girlfriend has a 1992 Camaro Z28 1LE, and she has been thinking about selling it.

It is dark purple, 305, 5-speed. 70k miles. All original except exhaust, and someone added fog lights.

Overall the car is in excellent condition, with the exception of rock chips on the nose, and on the fenders behind the tires.

Any idea what this car is worth?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick
post Jan 29 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #2

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 47

Where are you located?

+Quote Post
souseless
post Jan 29 2005, 04:13 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 158

Well the purple color is not an enviable option, but the rest of the car has some value. Where is the car located?

+Quote Post
INTMD8
post Jan 29 2005, 04:53 PM
Post #4

Yeah, I wasn't sure if the purple would help it or hurt it. (I doubt many were ordered that color, but who knows).

The car is in northern Il.

+Quote Post
KeithO
post Jan 29 2005, 07:33 PM
Post #5

Veteran Member

Member No.: 14

I've seen prices all over the place for 3rd gen 1LE's. You could get anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000 depending on who you attract as a buyer, how badly they want a 1LE and the comprehensive condition of this specific car (accident history, etc.).

If she is really going to sell it, the smart thing for her to do is to put it on E-bay with a reserve price that is the lowest she would take and see where it goes... Forums like this are good for getting the word out.

I personally would love to get my hands on a 3rd Gen 1LE, but I don't have the $$$ for another car right now.

+Quote Post
patred
post Jan 30 2005, 06:29 PM
Post #6

Zero brand loyalty

Member No.: 145

QUOTE (KeithO @ Jan 29 2005, 01:33 PM)
I've seen prices all over the place for 3rd gen 1LE's. You could get anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000 depending on who you attract as a buyer, how badly they want a 1LE and the comprehensive condition of this specific car (accident history, etc.).

If she is really going to sell it, the smart thing for her to do is to put it on E-bay with a reserve price that is the lowest she would take and see where it goes... Forums like this are good for getting the word out.

I personally would love to get my hands on a 3rd Gen 1LE, but I don't have the $$$ for another car right now.

I saw a 1LE thirdgen go for a little over $3K on eBay a month or so ago. Like Keith said, the prices range greatly from how much people are willing to pay for them to how much people *think* they're worth. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Take a look at the classifieds section on thirdgen.org to get an idea for some of the idiocy that's out there. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

FWIW, Sam Strano just sold his '91 1LE for over $5K. L98 with a swapped T5. I think it had minor engine issues and body damage from caressing a tire wall. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) But he also included a lot of extras. And as an autocross car, it has some history.

Pat

P.S. The fastest 3rd gen I've ever driven was purple. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Mericet
post Jan 31 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #7

Scaring slow F body drivers with a VW diesel

Group: Member
Member No.: 376

If I had the money I would buy it or look at the possibility of a trade for my 92 RS t-top (also purple). Unfortunately mine has 183K miles and while still in good condition is just a common LO3 RS.

+Quote Post
INTMD8
post Feb 1 2005, 05:27 AM
Post #8

I think we'll just stick it on ebay and see what happens. Thanks guys.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:51 PM