IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
UMI PerformanceHotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.comSolo Performance
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> C5/6 Z06, 3rd gen RX7, 240z..., What's the best handling?
JustinID
post Apr 22 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #21

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,834

QUOTE (Paul Huryk @ Apr 22 2009, 06:05 AM) *
I would think that the 240z and definitely the Miata would have a tire size disadvantage compared to the RX7 and C5/C6 - unless you are using a wide body kit.

I was thinking the smaller tires would be an advantage due to cost. Like I said, going with an LSx engine would be a long term project, not what I would start with. Using a 2.8L engine in the 240z and running in BSP on skinnier (read: much less expensive) tires is how I'd start out. If I did eventually move to something like an LS3, I'd end up in E-Mod (I think), so I should be pretty free to make huge modifications to the body, allowing for just about any size tire. I'm still reading up on the Miata so I don't know as much about how that would work out, but I'm guessing it would be similar.

Great ideas and thoughts, folks. Thanks for all the input, it's definitely got me thinking in more directions now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sgarnett
post Apr 22 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #22

Seeking round tuits

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 33

There are people running 275s on Miatas with no more effort required than 315s on a 4th gen Camaro. Check out the 6UL wheels at 949racing.com.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:17 AM