IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
UMI PerformanceUnbalanced EngineeringSolo PerformanceHotpart.comBlaine Fabrication.com
> MitchnTX passed away
trackbird
post Jan 19 2022, 07:29 PM
Post #1

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

Many of you have been here for years and most of the long time crew knows Mitch Warren (MitchnTX). Mitch has been a long time member on here and LS1tech (among others) as well as a CMC racer, track day guy, motorcycle fan and all around amazing guy. Among racers he was a gentleman of the sport and the guy you wanted in your pits helping with setup and issues. I met Mitch on LS1tech many years ago. We were always in the same threads answering questions and helping guys with the same issues. Eventually, you get to be friends. And, when the racing gods are willing, you get to hang out occasionally. I met Mitch in person at a rest stop near the Ohio/Indiana border. He was in Indiana for work and was trying to get to the NASA Nationals event at Mid Ohio. I told him I'd come get him. His coworker dropped him at the rest area and I picked him up (making Mitch the only guy I've ever picked up at a rest stop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotf.gif) ). I called to say I was passing the rest area and would be right back after I turned around. Mitch said "I'm watching you go by right now, I was really hoping you'd actually show up". I pulled up and met Mitch as he tossed his luggage in the back of my Camaro and hopped in the passengers seat. He crashed at my place and we went to the track the next day to catch up with Glenn and the rest of the Texas (and frrax) crew. We spent a couple NASA Nationals together at Mid Ohio after that.

A few years later when I was in Texas for training for work, Geoff Burch (another original member here and CMC champion) loaned me his beater Ford Focus. That gave me wheels to get down to Mitch's place for an afternoon of helping Mitch and Glenn work on a fresh CMC car. I may have done as much harm as good that day, but I truly cherish the time I spent hanging out and building things that afternoon.

I was on the phone with Mitch when I found out that my neighbor passed away. I was in the middle of an engine swap and transmission upgrade in a Greenwood Sportwagon Corvette conversion with Racerdad916. Mitch and I talked at length about the friend I had just lost and how he was a larger than life kind of character that just left a giant hole in the world with his passing. Mitch genuinely wanted to learn about my friend, that's just Mitch.

It turns out, Mitch is the kind of guy who will leave another giant hole in the world with his passing. I am better for knowing him and we are all worse off without him.

Godspeed friend, you will be missed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
trackbird   MitchnTX passed away   Jan 19 2022, 07:29 PM
Crazy Canuck   Was devastated when you told me earlier. Mitch wa...   Jan 19 2022, 07:32 PM
slowTA   I didn't get a chance to know him. But I can ...   Jan 20 2022, 11:04 PM
trackbird   This is classic Mitch and it's hysterical. h...   Jan 20 2022, 11:46 PM
Crazy Canuck   Who could forget Chester. And Mitch encounter with...   Jan 21 2022, 03:52 AM
rocky   So sorry to hear this. He was full of knowledge an...   Jan 26 2022, 01:44 AM
CMC #37   So sorry to hear about a loss to the CMC family. M...   Jan 30 2022, 05:49 PM
rpoz-29   Sad. Hard to believe it was almost 14 years since ...   Feb 1 2022, 03:50 PM
CrashTestDummy   Dam. Never met him, but as others say, 'met...   Feb 2 2022, 02:02 PM
nape   Damn, sorry to hear of his passing. He was always ...   Feb 3 2022, 05:02 AM

« Next Oldest · General Discussion · Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:34 PM