IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Blaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringHotpart.comSolo PerformanceUMI Performance
> LS7 Swap Into '97 SS/LT1?
fast ken
post Sep 12 2020, 04:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,577

What are my biggest challenges in a LS7 crate engine swap including the dry sump system into my 1997 SS/LT1 4th Gen Camaro? I hate to give up on the LT1, however, it is the weakest link in my super fun HPDE car. The swap would include the dry-sump oil system and a/c (for driving to and from the Track!). Can it fit using the stock K-member and are their hood clearance issues with the SS hood? Or cold air intake options? Battery in the trunk and oil reservoir in its place? Do I have to abandon the ram air hood function? How do I accommodate the 58x reluctor wheel? Currently I am running the Torqhead 24x LS PCM Coil Conversion Kit. Does the extended snout for the oil pump on the front of the crank cause any clearance issues? Can I use my stock radiator and cooling fans? Can I use factory LS7 (5h Gen Camaro) exhaust manifolds or ??? Just installed a SPEC aluminum flywheel and clutch )-: and T56 was just rebuilt. So I would have the input shaft replaced on the tranny for the LS conversion. Probably want a new SPEC aluminum flywheel but with Z06 clutch and pressure plate? What throttle body would I need to use with my throttle cable or should I convert to drive by wire? Fuel pump upgrade?

And what accessory drive would I use? Would I need to replace my alternator? a/c comp? p/s pump? and with what units?

This has been my 20+ year drive to the track and drive it home car. Also this swap could relieve me of some mental engine reliability/stress issues. LS7....the stress reliever? (-:

So many questions... Any help would be appreciated!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
fast ken   LS7 Swap Into '97 SS/LT1?   Sep 12 2020, 04:46 PM
SS2win   If you're doing the 24x conversion then you re...   Sep 13 2020, 11:24 PM
Mastawyrm   QUOTE (fast ken @ Sep 12 2020, 11:46 AM) ...   Oct 2 2020, 09:56 PM

« Next Oldest · General Discussion · Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:07 PM