IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Unbalanced EngineeringSolo PerformanceUMI PerformanceHotpart.comBlaine Fabrication.com
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OK ... this damn mouse is pissing me off
Ojustracing
post Dec 6 2013, 02:56 AM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 66

QUOTE (00 Trans Ram @ Dec 5 2013, 09:50 AM) *
QUOTE (00 Trans Ram @ Dec 4 2013, 04:43 PM) *
You bahstad! It wasn't the mouse?!! TAR AND FEATHER HIM!!!!!!

What the heck has been going on? Haven't been here much since selling my racecar. Did some time kart racing, until I figured out that I was at better-than-even odds of getting myself permanently maimed (5 races, 4 podiums, 2-3rd places, 1-2nd place, 1-1st place; 4 wrecks bad enough to end my race, one of which was bad enough to crack my kart chassis in 2 places and 1 set of broken ribs).

Now I've just got a 500hp G8 that I drive daily. About to start as an instructor at the New Orleans Motorsports Park on their road course, though.

Just the usual (but possibly less of it). That G8 sounds like fun. What's been done to it?

Well, it has 134k miles on it. 2008 model. Up until just recently, all I did was upgrade the brakes to 4-piston Brembos, put a CAI on it, wider tires (255/285, Potenza S04s, which are GREAT) and get a mediocre tune. Oh, and put a good sound system in it (replaced all stock stuff except radio, made custom sub box and amp mount, etc.).

But, just a few weeks ago, after I decided that I was going to keep the car (nothing I wanted, used or new, that costs less than $40k), I put in a new cam, valve springs, lifters, LT headers, exhaust, tune, etc. Still haven't gotten the vendor (Texas Speed and Performance) to get the tune quite right, so I may end up going to Geoff at EPS for a dyno tune (mail-order tune was $250, dyno tune is $580). But, once it's all finished, it should make just a hair over 500hp at the crank, or 410-415 at the wheels.

Funny story. When the car was brand new (still had temp plates and less than 100 miles), I took it to the track. Friend of mine has a E46M3 racecar (GTS3 class, no more than 11:1 power-to-weight ratio) and was getting some lap time in. I followed him around the track, trying to keep up. I was able to barely keep up with him, running my car at about 102%. Ended up going off track through Turn 1 at No Problem Raceway (Grand Bayou Raceway, now) at around 135mph trying to catch him. No damage to the car, so I simply re-entered the track after Turn 3 and kept racing. Frankly, I'm amazed at how well the car handles for being 4000+ lbs. I only stopped when I heard a grinding noise coming from the rear of the car. Turns out I'd heated up the rear fender liners so bad that they melted and were rubbing on the tires. And, when I stopped, the stock brake pads caught fire. Put them out in a few seconds with a fire extinguisher.

This car has been good to me.

I've been there once and listened to your advise!!! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/drink.gif) Its a scary way to do when I had ZERO time on the track. Good luck on the new car.

John
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 8 2016, 11:42 AM
Post #82

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

Godspeed Chester!

I stumbled across this one while looking for a thread on radiators that should be here. I figured I should bump it for the newer members who may have missed it when it happened.

+Quote Post
Shortcutsleeping
post Jul 11 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #83

Experienced Member

Member No.: 62

Mitch is quite the master storyteller!

Poor ole' Chester... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Costas
cars and such...

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 11 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #84

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (Shortcutsleeping @ Jul 11 2016, 02:40 PM) *
Mitch is quite the master storyteller!

Poor ole' Chester... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Costas
cars and such...

You should hear his racing tales..... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/drink.gif)

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Aug 10 2016, 10:58 PM
Post #85

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

Easy now ...

I am better prepared today to deal with the Chesters of the world.

(IMG:http://lawmotorsports.net/mw/Kel_Tec_12g_01.jpg)

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Aug 11 2016, 02:45 AM
Post #86

Veteran Member

Member No.: 385

Especially since Chester is a zombiemouse. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

But you have to also watch out for Ben, and all his friends.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Aug 11 2016, 10:53 AM
Post #87

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (mitchntx @ Aug 10 2016, 06:58 PM) *
Easy now ...

I am better prepared today to deal with the Chesters of the world.

We have a couple of those at the shop and I was considering one for a few moments. How do you like it?

Also, a bit of a warning. Don't put a vertical grip on the pump handle. I saw the photos from a guy who was hammering rounds down range at high speed when the vertical grip handle broke off of the pump handle. He removed a good portion of his hand when it wound up in front of the barrel as he pulled the trigger.

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Aug 14 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #88

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

I like it fine. Its more of a novelty item than practical. But so is most of my "stuff".

The biggest complaint is a FTE/FTF ... on mine, you can't pussy-foot around.
You have to slam it pretty hard for to operate reliability.

I installed an AFG ... backwards ... on the lower rail to prevent a slippage of my hand to even creep in front of the muzzle.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:34 PM