IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Unbalanced EngineeringHotpart.comBlaine Fabrication.comSolo PerformanceUMI Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> can't reply in general
Blainefab
post Jun 3 2012, 09:47 PM
Post #1

I build race cars

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 874

Kevin - I'm trying to reply to a post in General, I get this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /rrforum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at www.frrax.com Port 80
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shortcutsleeping
post Jun 3 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #2

Experienced Member

Member No.: 62

Kevin,

Why you h8ting on Blaine? He's awesome and is a fab supah-st4RRR!!!!

Show the man some love!

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

Costas
cars and such..

+Quote Post
Steve91T
post Jun 3 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #3

Experienced Member

Member No.: 9,105

He probably doesn't have enough posts for "unrestricted access" (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Jun 4 2012, 08:10 AM
Post #4

I build race cars

I can post new stuff but not the one I composed for the new guy. It won't even let me preview post.

edit - I was running a registry scan while composing the post, maybe something got embedded in the text that I can't see?

edit - try putting it here:
nope, dammit must be something in that text. I hat etyping

This post has been edited by Blainefab: Jun 4 2012, 08:27 AM

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Jun 4 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #5

I build race cars

Ya, figure out what class you are targeting and we can help make you more competitive. You'll find that we tend to talk about SCCA and NASA classes for competitive autocross, and NASA HPDE for open track (non-comp) or time trial (comp against the clock).

You've already made some compromises that will limit your competitiveness in most classes - maintaining street use will be a disadvantage compared to a car that is dedicated to the class.

You'll find for autox/HPDE/TT that suspension and chassis and driver comfort/safety mods will provide more performance gain than motor stuff. If you were budget limited I'd say put a boneyard motor in it. It sounds like you've got room with your budget but I still recommend keeping the motor build simple and reliable. Keep the OEM knock sense and control. If you were able to break your motor on the street you wouldn't get very far with the same build on track. Budget for coolers. Best oil control is dry sump, but that need depends on the grip level of the car.

The C6 Z06 brakes would be a poor choice - most serious Corvettes have replaced them. You will be full weight/hi HP so better brakes up front are in order. Base C6 brakes are most cost effective, Stoptech arguably better at a price. Upgrading from one to the other can get pricey if you need to replace the spindles. Stock rear brakes are fine. Pad choice depends on experience level and tire choice.

The Global West front coilover kit allows use of racing springs in whatever rate you need. They will work with your Konis, and are height adjustable.

No need for rear coilovers - the tight space requires using 2.25" springs and that limits shock choice. OEM pigtail springs are available in the rate you need, shim for height changes.

The Fbod is a 3link + TA, changing to a 4link is a drag race thing. Upgrade the LCA's/PH/TA and you are good. www.unbalancedengineering.com

If you haven't blown up the 10bolt yet you can stick with it, no need for narrowing, that's a drag race thing. There is room for 11" with 315's with minor adjustments to the wheelwells. When you blow up the 10bolt you can drop in a Strange 12bolt with a Eaton diff that will be plug and play for about $2600

4pt rollbar, seat, harnesses is about $2500 for a really nice setup. You will lose the use of the rear seat.

Leave the battery where it is unless class rules call for a cutoff switch. Use a PC680 or PC925.

Skip the cutouts - if there are any venues left that still allow open exhaust, they won't for much longer. Noise regs are here to stay.

Welcome to frrax - you'll find this site is different than most. We have a useable history of threads that deal with all of these items. I encourage you to do some digging around, read the stickies. They will fill in the basics, and we can help with the specifics.

This post has been edited by Blainefab: Jun 4 2012, 10:07 AM

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Jun 4 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #6

I build race cars

Got it - copied one line at a time into the edit window and tested with preview till I found the bad bit of text, replaced it and all is good..

Whew, I don't have to remember how use a binary editor.

This post has been edited by Blainefab: Jun 4 2012, 10:14 AM

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 4 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #7

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

I was fighting the same issue in a thread and assumed it was just me. I went and looked at the permissions, but never did find out what the text was that caused the trouble.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:56 AM