IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Blaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI PerformanceHotpart.comSolo Performance
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Did you guys see the pictures of the 09 Camaro?
CMC #37
post Dec 7 2005, 11:09 PM
Post #21

CMCer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 194

Eeeeew! Looks like a Musturd!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post Dec 7 2005, 11:18 PM
Post #22

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27

QUOTE (CMC #37 @ Dec 7 2005, 17:09)
Eeeeew! Looks like a Musturd!

....unfortunately.....it makes the Musturd LOOK GOOD!

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Dec 7 2005, 11:26 PM
Post #23

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates it......

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post Dec 7 2005, 11:38 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 27

The drawing that guy did....I would buy the car in a second....

The car in the photos...I would'nt sell my worst enemy!

+Quote Post
AdrianTA
post Dec 7 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 816

Why don't the bumper lines in the front middle line up at all?

+Quote Post
Formula WS6
post Dec 8 2005, 12:05 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45

nope not a fan of either one of those or actually of any of the renderings that are popular amoung the people. retro sucks. if you want to incorporate the past thats fine. the last style mustang had a grill design similar to the original. that was a good idea. a retro car though. no don't like it.

+Quote Post
35th_Anniversary...
post Dec 8 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #27

Chapter 11 Racing

Member No.: 207

please send me pics as well underachiever@stny.rr.com

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post Dec 8 2005, 02:37 AM
Post #28

CMCer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 194

Indeed, retro sucks! What happened to going a new direction yet keeping the basic lines? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rant.gif)

+Quote Post
35th_Anniversary...
post Dec 8 2005, 02:54 AM
Post #29

Chapter 11 Racing

Member No.: 207

looks kinda like a mustang....

I'm not impressed, but next vehicle i will buy won't be for 4 years and it will be a tow vehicle.

+Quote Post
BigEnos
post Dec 8 2005, 03:01 AM
Post #30

Collo Rosso

Member No.: 839

You guys are nuts, but everyone loves to hate I guess (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) . If they build that I'll buy it. Big if though. Stuff tends to get watered down when it goes from concept to production. Not as bad as it used to. We'll see.

This post has been edited by BigEnos: Dec 8 2005, 03:02 AM

+Quote Post
Absolut Speed
post Dec 8 2005, 03:24 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS @ Dec 7 2005, 20:54)
looks kinda like a mustang....

That's exactly what I thought! Looks like a crossbreed of the current and last mustang on the sides and front. I'd rather have a removable hard top redline Sky (if they make one).

+Quote Post
Absolut Speed
post Dec 8 2005, 03:26 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (trackbird @ Dec 7 2005, 12:56)
The big blingy wheels (at least they are reasonably wide) irritate me (like the new 19" wheels on the Corvette....why?).

As well, what's with only offering 18's on the Solstice Sky? Overdone styling trends more important than performance/replacement costs I guess.

+Quote Post
Lucas Black
post Dec 8 2005, 10:51 AM
Post #33

Dry Sponge

Member No.: 259

QUOTE (AdrianTA @ Dec 7 2005, 17:57)
Why don't the bumper lines in the front middle line up at all?

if you look closely the lines don't meet up all the way down the car from front bumper to rear. the car is designed slightly different from side to side to somewhat have two car designs in one model. they can look at the car from opposing sides and sorta be looking at two different models....

+Quote Post
Teutonic Speedra...
post Dec 8 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #34

LS1 Inside! / Toolbox / Mechanical Engineer

Member No.: 179

That thing is Fugly!!! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) I don't like the interior or the exterior. I like the kid's drawing also....that looks cool!

+Quote Post
Bald54
post Dec 9 2005, 03:41 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 101

The rear quarters remind me of an early 70's Cuda.

+Quote Post
Rob Hood
post Dec 9 2005, 06:40 AM
Post #36

Experienced Member

Member No.: 130

I'll pass, if that's their idea of bringing back the Camaro.

The orange car in the drawing is better, even though I don't like the recessed grille/lights, and I'm still not too keen on an overall retro concept, at least a first gen version. I would prefer a 1970-73 RS-style nose (look at some new Mercedes C class front ends).

However, if I can't see ALL eight cylinders when I pop the hood, I will not buy it. They CAN build a car that will live up to all of the previous generations' heritage and performance and keep the engine inside the engine compartment too, they just have to do it.

Whatever they do, please keep the Cadillac designers away from it. Anyone who can fold and crease a piece of paper could have drawn the current Caddys.

Now that the Solstice is out, along with the GTO, the only thing remains is pricing, which hopefully will be somewhere in between those two. If the Camaro's price is too close to either of those cars then sales will suffer for both vehicles.

+Quote Post
roy
post Dec 9 2005, 10:55 AM
Post #37

Rennmeister

Member No.: 26

When you squint at the front view, it certainly looks as if there's a pony on the grille badge (instead of a bowtie).
That's not a computer model, it's a real clay mockup with a Dynoc skin over it. You can see that the model is assymetrical (that way you can cheaply evaluate 2 designs against each other) and it is standing on jackstands on an outside turnstile (so that you can rotate the model and evaluate it from a distance). It is still early stages when you go thru that process. When you get closer to reality then things like that slinky outside mirror will turn into something big & ugly. If the car is slated for 2009 then I am not so sure that the nose (as shown there) will comply with the 2010 "lower leg impact law, stage 2".
That chassis plan certainly has an IRS rear suspension.
The dash is plainly awful. usually when you have no creative design then you hit that retro sh*t

As quoted from a design engineer from Ingostadt.
I concur

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Dec 9 2005, 01:19 PM
Post #38

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

QUOTE (Rob Hood @ Dec 9 2005, 01:40)
Whatever they do, please keep the Cadillac designers away from it.  Anyone who can fold and crease a piece of paper could have drawn the current Caddys.

I absolutely dislike the new Caddys. They look like they were chopped out of a block of something or another with an axe. Maybe I'm not completely alone after all.....

Wish list:

GM needs to give us 17" wheels, not 18's, no 19's and stay away from the 20's. Make them about 10" wide, put decent rubber on them, fill them with C5 brake parts this time (or similar), ditch the retro, make the LS7 optional in it (yea, right) and keep the solid axle (what did I say???) and make it a version of the 8.5" 10 bolt that was in the Grand National (or something stronger....bring back the 12 bolt?). We've had pretty good performance from a solid axle over the years and it's a bit of a tradition. Maybe I'm nuts, but I just don't want to deal with an IRS (wheel hop, broken/fragile half shafts, etc). Give us a real dash with real gauges. Make a trans temp gauge optional (the Corvette has one, doesn't it?) and maybe a rear end temp gauge (put it in the new 1LE package....), add an oil temp gauge and package it all in something nice to look at.....

+Quote Post
Chris 96 WS6
post Dec 9 2005, 01:59 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Group: Member
Member No.: 1

Lots of enthusiasts are clamoring for a solid axle, but we have to be realistic.

1) this car will share its chassis with at least a couple other RWD coupe/sedans, some of which will be upscale. The IRS will be shared across all of them and it could cost MORE to have a Camaro only solid axle in the mix.

2) Enthusiasts make up maybe 5% of buyers...this car has to appeal to the masses, and the refinement of IRS, whether actual or just perceived, is important to hooking new buyers as well as getting women buyers, who make up 60% of Mustang sales and who walked away from V6 4th gens in droves.

The car's going to have IRS at this point and its going to be retro at this point. Wishing for anything else now is a waste of time. The time for all the input was really 2-3 years ago. With the success of the retro Mustang I think GM's course of action was cemented.

+Quote Post
marka
post Dec 9 2005, 02:54 PM
Post #40

Experienced Member

Member No.: 896

Howdy,

I'm fine with retro, but that car still looks like a Mach 1 that smashed into a '99-'04 Mustang.

The other drawing was cool.

Someone needs to visit GM and remind them that round corners are still possible.

Mark

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:45 AM