IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comSolo Performance
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> G-Force 6pt FIA camloc harnesses, interest in a package GP?
Blainefab
post Nov 30 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #1

I build race cars

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 874

G-Force offers a 6pt camloc harness that is FIA certified, so good for 5yrs of use with NASA, at least. This is the harness (part# 7001) : http://www.gforce.com/products/harnesses/c...ouldersets.html

Is there any interest in a GP on the G-Force FIA 6pt harnesses? Price is real good as is, I don't know how much lower I could get but I could bundle a package with the harnesses, eyebolts and clip-in ends, and proper anchor bolts with sleeves for the antisubs.

Let me know who's interested and I'll make a call to their distributor.

edit: Price is still Harness $135, clip-in ends $7/pr, eyebolts and swivel hardware for the antisub another $8, plus shipping.
Red, Black ,or Blue

Regards,
Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
831 427-3296

This post has been edited by Blainefab: May 16 2007, 09:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GlennCMC70
post Nov 30 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #2

Veteran Member

Group: Member
Member No.: 8

i'm in.
5pt in black w/ pull down lap belts. cam lock. i'll need two clpi-in tabs. i have eye bolts already.

i'll need info on how to pay other than Pay Pal.

Glenn_Landrum at msn dot com.

+Quote Post
GlennCMC70
post Nov 30 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Veteran Member

now i'm thinking the 6 pts again. my seat is only set-up for a 5 pt.
the way the Simpsons routed it worked fine as i would cross the belts. w. these being on the same buckle i'm worried they will not work right.

+Quote Post
nape
post Nov 30 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #4

Veteran Member

Member No.: 540

I'm interested, but I have the same issue as Glenn except I'm flying blind since I've never installed a set or used the seat I have (Kirkey Intermediate RR seat).

Also, would it make sense to wait a little while for a later date on the belts?.. and to let my wallet recover from the thrashing I've been giving it lately between Christmas and the car? Haha.

For reference, I'd need all the mounting hardware.

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Dec 1 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #5

I build race cars

QUOTE (Glenn98ZM6 @ Nov 30 2006, 12:33 PM) *
now i'm thinking the 6 pts again. my seat is only set-up for a 5 pt.
the way the Simpsons routed it worked fine as i would cross the belts. w. these being on the same buckle i'm worried they will not work right.

I don't understand what you mean by cross the belts.

The newest seats are coming with a slightly wider antisub hole for the 6pts. The Y sub won't spread out as quickly in an old seat so may not be as comfortable, but will function fine.

QUOTE (nape @ Nov 30 2006, 05:41 PM) *
I'm interested, but I have the same issue as Glenn except I'm flying blind since I've never installed a set or used the seat I have (Kirkey Intermediate RR seat).

Also, would it make sense to wait a little while for a later date on the belts?.. and to let my wallet recover from the thrashing I've been giving it lately between Christmas and the car? Haha.

For reference, I'd need all the mounting hardware.

There hasn't been enough interest to approach G-Force about a volume buy for a GP, but my regular price is pretty good anyway: Harness $135, clip-in ends $7/pr, eyebolts and swivel hardware for the antisub another $8, plus shipping.

Let me know when you are ready and give me a few weeks notice - I like to try to bundle my orders together to save on handling charges.

+Quote Post
nape
post Dec 2 2006, 08:16 AM
Post #6

Veteran Member

Will do. I'd rather send the money your way as a sponsor anyway.

+Quote Post
v7guy
post Dec 2 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

I'm with nape, I'm just starting to recover from the move and finishing out the suspension, now christmas is hitting. I'm interested, these things need addressed in the car, but I really can't do much until the begining of next year.

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post May 16 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #8

I build race cars

A heads up on these harnesses - they must be real popular, cause G-Force is backordered into July. If you think you'll want or need harnesses before the end of summer best to get your order in now:

GForce #7001 6pt Camloc FIA (good for 5rs) pulldown. Black, Blue or Red

Harness set $135, clip-in ends $7/pr, eyebolts and swivel hardware for the antisub another $8, plus shipping.

PM me or email ablaine (at) cruzio (dot) com or call me at the shop 831 427-3296 evenings

+Quote Post
GlennCMC70
post May 16 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #9

Veteran Member

i got the pull downs on Alans advice this time. i've always used the pull up ones. ive had alot of trouble w/ the pull downs i have now. the buckle hangs on the edge of the seat and releases all the tension. i'll go back to the pull up type in the future. they always workd perfect for me inthe past. just an FYI heads up.

+Quote Post
nape
post May 16 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #10

Veteran Member

QUOTE (Glenn98ZM6 @ May 16 2007, 04:35 PM) *
i got the pull downs on Alans advice this time. i've always used the pull up ones. ive had alot of trouble w/ the pull downs i have now. the buckle hangs on the edge of the seat and releases all the tension. i'll go back to the pull up type in the future. they always workd perfect for me inthe past. just an FYI heads up.

I haven't lost tension yet, but I think I'll be ordering a pair of pull-up lap belts in the future for the same reason. I do like the shoulder harnesses though.

One other thing, maybe make 3" clip-ins standard? After fooling around with the 2" ones, I'll pay extra next time for 3".

I'm way satisfied with the service though! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post May 16 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #11

I build race cars

QUOTE (Glenn98ZM6 @ May 16 2007, 04:35 PM) *

Glenn - What width seat do you use? Waist size? I've read conflicting reports on whether pulldowns or pullup work the best, and the few pullup lap belts I've used myself were impossible to get tight - either from a poor angle on the adjuster with the belt outboard of the seat, or interfence from thighs if routed thru the harness hole, so have been recommending pulldowns, esp since the pulldowns are FIA rated but pullups only SFI. My experience is with 16" and wider aluminum and composite seats, 38" waist. Let me know your sizes so I can adjust my recommendations.

edit - spelling

This post has been edited by Blainefab: May 16 2007, 10:50 PM

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post May 16 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 27

I just got my first Camlock belt set after all these years and used it for the first time 2 weeks ago. I have always had pulldown belts, on the new set the lap is pull up.....I can't get them tight either. I have to adjust with me out of the seat and get back in and try it....then repeat.....I kinda don't like them. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/nutkick.gif)

This post has been edited by rmackintosh: May 16 2007, 10:36 PM

+Quote Post
GlennCMC70
post May 16 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #13

Veteran Member

17" ultrashield. i have a slender 36" waist (levis). 6'3" @ 230lbs.

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post May 16 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #14

I build race cars

OK, Randy's experience is the same as mine, and I know Randy is a big guy, so it makes sense that he has the same interference issue as I do with the pullups.

Glenn - your seat is even wider than mine, which should help, so it must be your smaller waist that puts the adjusters out further towards the seat. I've PM'ed you with a possible solution, or you could start pounding milkshakes and double-doubles and get that buckle out where mine is. ;-)

+Quote Post
GlennCMC70
post May 16 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #15

Veteran Member

i want to clarify that i no way is Alan at fault w/ this. and its a very minor issue. i'll live w/ them till they expire.

no weight gain for me. you have any idea how hard it is to get a 4th gen to 3200lbs post race by starting w/ a full tank of fuel and a 230 lb driver?

+Quote Post
jeffburch
post May 17 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,005

Another .02

6 points (unless your sackless) and pull ups.
Pull downs require a person to assist.
I despise 'em.

jb

+Quote Post
nape
post May 17 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #17

Veteran Member

Since we're talking about belts, did you guys have to enlarge the crotch strap opening in your Kirkey seat? I got the 6pt belts from Alan and it's basically like a wide 5pt after coming through the seat.

Alan, can you PM me the info you PM'd Glenn? I'm the same size (well, only 220. hah) and have a 17" Kirkey Intermediate RR seat.

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post May 17 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #18

I build race cars

I understand now why some have a problem with pulldowns, and others don't - I dug around the shop last night and found these harnesses, and measured the length from outside of buckle on one side to the same spot on the other side. There is a large variation between different harness mfrs on that dimension, ie:

Old M&R latch/link: 6.5"
Old Pyrotect: 12.5"
Old Simpson: 12.5" (these are from my car, with 16" Kirkey)
Schroth: 15.5"
RCI: 18" (These are 5pt New In Box, Dec 06 tags, for sale, make offer)
G-Force SFI: 16" (big driver, big seat)

TJ, Glenn - would one of you please measure your G-Force FIA belts? If they are up around 16" it makes sense that they would contact the sides of the seat, while my old Simpsons, at 12.5" would not.

I'll CC G-Force on this.

(IMG:http://www.blainefabrication.com/projects/bfpics/IMG_1137.JPG)

This post has been edited by Blainefab: Apr 1 2011, 08:25 AM

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post May 17 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #19

I build race cars

QUOTE (nape @ May 16 2007, 08:44 PM) *
Since we're talking about belts, did you guys have to enlarge the crotch strap opening in your Kirkey seat? I got the 6pt belts from Alan and it's basically like a wide 5pt after coming through the seat.

Alan, can you PM me the info you PM'd Glenn? I'm the same size (well, only 220. hah) and have a 17" Kirkey Intermediate RR seat.

TJ - I've got a new Kirkey deluxe RR seat in the shop - I believe it has a larger sub hole than the earlier seats. I'll measure it tomorrow. I would not have a problem with opening up the hole to match the newer seat - but cut edges need to be smooth, with no burs or sharps that can snag the webbing. Also note I would do this on an aluminum seat only, never on a composite.

edit - PM sent

This post has been edited by Blainefab: May 17 2007, 10:40 AM

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post May 17 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #20

I build race cars

QUOTE (nape @ May 16 2007, 05:27 PM) *
One other thing, maybe make 3" clip-ins standard? After fooling around with the 2" ones, I'll pay extra next time for 3".

I'm way satisfied with the service though! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

TJ - I did put some 3" clip in tabs in stock after Glenn asked for them - first time I was aware they were made. Your 2" tabs should look like this:

Thanks, I'm trying!

(IMG:http://www.blainefabrication.com/projects/bfpics/IMG_1142.JPG)

(IMG:http://www.blainefabrication.com/projects/bfpics/IMG_1143.JPG)

This post has been edited by Blainefab: Apr 1 2011, 08:24 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:49 AM