IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

UMI PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comHotpart.comSolo PerformanceUnbalanced Engineering

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: TPIS Racing Engines - 561hp/490 ft tq LT1 for sale, Complete Turnkey Race Engine - LTCC, computer and more
racerx
post Nov 6 2009, 04:52 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,989

Hey everyone,

I am doing away with my new (1 race on it) TPIS Racing Engine. TPIS is building me a new motor with more power and torque.

So this means a great deal for some lucky buyer

TPIS will be sending me the build sheet from the motor but here's the highlights of whats for sale

Basically you would be buying a Turnkey race engine

383ci LT1
561 HP @ 6300rpm
490 ft/lb tq @ 5700 RPM (Over 400ft/lbs @ 2800rpm)

The motor is VERY fresh, having only one race event on it. (USTCC-GT National Championship Race)

Included with the motor:

LTCC Optispark eliminator Ignition w/coil packs ready to rock and roll
Tuned and programmed computer.
Canton Road Race Pan
Ceramic coated shorty Headers and custom Y Pipe to clear the oil pan. (my headers are included, but I recommend LT's instead)

All engine front dress (alternator, power steering pump, ATI dampener, Electric Water Pump) tensioner as well.
throttle body
mass air
custom intake elbow
Used with still much life Racing Clutch (sintered iron) by Spec.

$6999.00
(shipping is NOT included of course)

Not only is this a powerful motor, it runs perfect. TPIS did all the tuning work. This is a pro-built motor, which won't have any of the Optispark headaches to deal with.

Motor is in car still pending a buyer, to make moving the car in/out of garage easy. Once I have a buyer we (read as Alan Blaine) can get the motor out fairly quickly.

Engine Details

Here are some of the Engine Details

11.6:1 Compression - Balanced and blueprinted

GM 4 bolt Main LT1
Lunati 4340 Crank
ACL Performance Engine Bearings
Cloyes Timing Chain
Comp Cam Hydraulic Roller Cam 241/246 .580 lift int/ .580 lift exh
Oliver Con Rods
ARP 2000 Bolts
Mahle Flat Top Pisotns with Mahle C clip pins
Hastings Rings
Comp Cams chrome moly 7.2" Pushrods .080 wall
Fel-Pro Head Gasket

GM LT4 Heads Ported intake port 200c
5/16 Intake Valve 2.020
5/16 Exhaust Valve 1.6
Comp Springs 1.540 Dual Springs
Retainers - Comp 5/16th Superlock Titanium
Comp Cams Pro Magnums

Canton Road Race Oil Pan

Engine will come with the Spec Sintered Iron Race Clutch and the matched Aluminum Flywheel.

This post has been edited by racerx: Nov 16 2009, 11:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Nov 6 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #2

I build race cars

Member No.: 874

Woohoo! LS1 time!

I did the LTCC and motor install in Kens car, I'd be glad to answer any questions. I also have a complete Hooker ceramic coated long tube header / custom Y pipe to 4" race Flowmaster exhaust system that would complement this motor nicely.

And BTW it's an LT4

Some pics:

(IMG:http://www.blainefabrication.com/projects/2009_08_21/IMG_2953.JPG)

(IMG:http://www.blainefabrication.com/projects/2009_08_21/IMG_2955.JPG)

I fabbed coil brackets for the STB, hung the coils from STB to cowl:

(IMG:http://www.blainefabrication.com/projects/2009_09_25/IMG_3002.JPG)

This post has been edited by Blainefab: Nov 6 2009, 09:18 AM

+Quote Post
racerx
post Nov 9 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Here are some of the Engine Details
383ci
11.6:1 Compression - Balanced and blueprinted
561hp & 490 ft/lb tq

400ft lb's of torque at 2800RPM - climbing steadily to 490 at 5800rpm (So you can really get out of the corners fast)

GM 4 bolt Main LT1
Lunati 4340 Crank
ACL Performance Engine Bearings
Cloyes Timing Chain
Comp Cam Hydraulic Roller Cam 241/246 .580 lift int/ .580 lift exh
Oliver Con Rods
ARP 2000 Bolts
Mahle Flat Top Pisotns with Mahle C clip pins
Hastings Rings
Comp Cams chrome moly 7.2" Pushrods .080 wall
Fel-Pro Head Gasket

GM LT4 Heads Ported intake port 200c
5/16 Intake Valve 2.020
5/16 Exhaust Valve 1.6
Comp Springs 1.540 Dual Springs
Retainers - Comp 5/16th Superlock Titanium
Comp Cams Pro Magnums

Canton Road Race Oil Pan

Engine will come with the Spec Sintered Iron Race Clutch and the matched Aluminum Flywheel.

This post has been edited by racerx: Nov 9 2009, 04:37 PM

+Quote Post
Casey_SS
post Nov 9 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,746

561/490 is obviously from an engine dyno. What did it put down at the wheels?
Looks like a very cool motor....why ya selling after only 1 race? You obviously put a lot of time and resources into it....

+Quote Post
racerx
post Nov 9 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Casey_SS @ Nov 9 2009, 11:16 AM) *
Looks like a very cool motor....why ya selling after only 1 race? You obviously put a lot of time and resources into it....

Engine purr's very nicely - It put 464 @ rear wheels on engine dyno at Miller Motorsports Park.

TPIS (pro shop which built the engine) is building a new motor for the car, that is significantly more powerful. TPIS is a sponsor of my race car, and the point for that motor was just to run the National Championship race, and then in the off season install the new motor. So it's no longer needed. :-) Which means someone can get a 50% discount on a very nice motor. Figure new you could spend close to 12-13k on the motor alone, another 1k on the LTCC and coil packs, a few hundred on a new clutch, another few hundred on a aluminum flywheel, add headers and y-pipe and before you know it you're easily over 14K... When I say it's pretty much turn-key I mean it, we're included the programmed computer as well. So the buyer gets one HELL of a tuned engine too.

I figure $7k is reasonable for motor, and all that stuff going with it..

-Ken

+Quote Post
Black_Z28
post Nov 10 2009, 04:01 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,132

QUOTE (racerx @ Nov 9 2009, 05:33 PM) *

Engine purr's very nicely - It put 464 @ rear wheels on engine dyno at Miller Motorsports Park.

TPIS (pro shop which built the engine) is building a new motor for the car, that is significantly more powerful. TPIS is a sponsor of my race car, and the point for that motor was just to run the National Championship race, and then in the off season install the new motor. So it's no longer needed. :-) Which means someone can get a 50% discount on a very nice motor. Figure new you could spend close to 12-13k on the motor alone, another 1k on the LTCC and coil packs, a few hundred on a new clutch, another few hundred on a aluminum flywheel, add headers and y-pipe and before you know it you're easily over 14K... When I say it's pretty much turn-key I mean it, we're included the programmed computer as well. So the buyer gets one HELL of a tuned engine too.

-Ken

I gotta say to anyone that buys this motor will be very happy with it. I know Jim and Clay personally, and they're both amazing with motors. Jim has a amazing capability of find every HP you can out of a motor without getting into that danger zone.

Kevin, if I had a need for the motor, I'd be all over it. But, I have an LS1 and I'm actually talking with Jim about what I should do with it.

Anyways, good luck with the sale!!!!

+Quote Post
racerx
post Nov 10 2009, 07:24 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Black_Z28 @ Nov 9 2009, 08:01 PM) *
QUOTE (racerx @ Nov 9 2009, 05:33 PM) *

-Ken

I gotta say to anyone that buys this motor will be very happy with it. I know Jim and Clay personally, and they're both amazing with motors. Jim has a amazing capability of find every HP you can out of a motor without getting into that danger zone.

Kevin, if I had a need for the motor, I'd be all over it. But, I have an LS1 and I'm actually talking with Jim about what I should do with it.

Anyways, good luck with the sale!!!!

Thanks - BTW clay built it :-)

+Quote Post
racerx
post Nov 18 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

TurkeyDay Special - I'm feeling the holiday spirit

So if someone buys the motor and pays in full by 11/27 You can have the motor for $6250

+Quote Post
pkincy
post Dec 6 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 560

This motor was only delivered a couple of months ago. I was at Alan's shop and we had to wait on the truck before we headed to lunch.

I recall looking at the dyno sheet and the torque "curve" is basically a flat horizontal line.

Perry

+Quote Post
racerx
post Dec 17 2009, 03:54 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (pkincy @ Dec 5 2009, 04:59 PM) *
This motor was only delivered a couple of months ago. I was at Alan's shop and we had to wait on the truck before we headed to lunch.

I recall looking at the dyno sheet and the torque "curve" is basically a flat horizontal line.

Perry

Starts out in the low RPM's around 400ft/lbs and just a steady smooth climb to 490 peak. Its basically a table. Its a tq monster thats for certain.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 01:05 AM