IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Solo PerformanceHotpart.comUMI PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced Engineering

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Road atl track day report w/new setup!
Timz06
post Oct 11 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 168

Thought I would post my results, I am very happy! Ran this weekend at panoz track days with my 95 camaro. Mods are GC coilover f/r 600/175 spring koni sa's, zr1 wheels 275/315 with v710's, c5 brakes, lt4 hotcam (stock heads), headers, catback.

THe car feels great in the turns, a bit down on power on the backstraight. The car was running very rich. After the first session, my collector bolts vibrated out and the gasket blew out. There was about a 1/4 inch gap and the car was louder than all hell. When I left off the gas on the front straight going into 1 (where all the people are standing) it would backfire, and scare the hell out of everyone. My friends then named my car firecracker. We had about 6 z06's in the advanced group and I managed to pass them all. My goal was a 1:45 and I got clocked at a 1:43.5, so I was overjoyed! This car has a lot more in it, I need to get it tuned, and I just set the shocks about 1/2 way. I only have about -1 degree camber in the front. The brakes also worked very well with carbotech xp9 pads.

I retired it after the first day and ran my z06 sunday since my clutch (new stock replacement) started slipping. I think this happened because I was spinning the tires coming out of 7, putting to much heat in the clutch. Then when I shifted into 5th on the backstraight it would start to slip, so I had to really get out of it to cool it down.

Sunday in the z06 I ran consistent 1:40.x lap times so the z28 is no slug! The z28 may even be better in the corners as I was hitting 150 mph on the straight with the z06 and only about 130 maybe 135 with the z28.

Next mod is full cage, seat, harness, and safety equipment. They had to life flight a spec mazda guy out who crashed in the esses. Broke his collar bone along with some others.

Tim
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2024 - 03:59 PM