IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Hotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.comSolo PerformanceUMI Performance
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Team LG takes first place!, Forza Motorsports Challenge on Speed
bowtieboy
post Feb 23 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 195

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see the look on Lou's face when the person that was picked for him could only muster a 13.3 in a new Vette while the Mustang pulled a 12.9. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rant2.gif) Now granted the Mustang was modified but I don't think that elevation was an issue.

......he did, however, make amends in the road course to win them the President's suite.

** EDIT ** The kid actually ran a 13.17

This post has been edited by bowtieboy: Feb 26 2007, 03:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shockwave179
post Feb 23 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,041

I didin't think the host was too bad, he's definitly better than rich christianson from pinks..

+Quote Post
LT4Firehawk
post Feb 23 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (bowtieboy @ Feb 23 2007, 10:59 AM) *
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see the look on Lou's face when the person that was picked for him could only muster a 13.3 in a new Vette while the Mustang pulled a 12.9. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rant2.gif) Now granted the Mustang was modified but I don't think that elevation was an issue.

......he did, however, make amends in the road course to win them the President's suite.

Yeah, the only one that seemed to be able to drive at the drag strip was the girl who had never drag raced before. Of course, Atlanta Dragway is not the fastest track around. I was always several tenths slower there than at the other dragstrip south of Atlanta.

As for the kid making amends on the roadcourse, not really. He BARELY held of the drifter, who was in a mostly stock 350Z. If they had reversed cars you could tell the other guy would have left him in the dust easily, so really it was more the car overcoming the driver's shortcomings in that case.

+Quote Post
Project84
post Feb 23 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,376

I cound't find it on youtube.com either!?

+Quote Post
98_1LE
post Feb 25 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #25

Experienced Member

Member No.: 55

I have only caught one episode of this, the first one. I think LG came in second on the dragstrip, and first on the first road course event.

+Quote Post
TxAgZ28
post Feb 25 2007, 02:54 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 63

QUOTE (98_1LE @ Feb 24 2007, 06:27 PM) *
I have only caught one episode of this, the first one. I think LG came in second on the dragstrip, and first on the first road course event.

I have my DVR set to record 'new' episodes, and it shows the next one is Wednesday (2/28) at 10pm CST. I believe this episode will show the autocross and drift portions of the event.

If any of you read this soon, they're re-running (I assume) the first episode right now at 9pm CST, and again tomorrow morning (Sunday 2/24) @ 3am CST.

Pretty decent show so far, and I too wanted to see Lou's reactions more (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

"This is a C6 with 500 miles on it, and I expect the driver to treat it as such" (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
SSTAT
post Feb 25 2007, 05:04 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 369

Yea, if the drifter were in the vette, he woulda smoked the kid. And Im kinda disappointed in Lou, all he does is whine about what the kid is going to do to his car - he needs to stop 'reminding' the kid how young and inexperienced he is and start giving him some useful advice. He sounds like an a**.

OMG, I sound like my wife talking about a soap opera! I'm outta here -- (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif)

+Quote Post
nape
post Feb 25 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #28

Veteran Member

Member No.: 540

QUOTE (SSTAT @ Feb 24 2007, 11:04 PM) *
Yea, if the drifter were in the vette, he woulda smoked the kid. And Im kinda disappointed in Lou, all he does is whine about what the kid is going to do to his car - he needs to stop 'reminding' the kid how young and inexperienced he is and start giving him some useful advice. He sounds like an a**.

OMG, I sound like my wife talking about a soap opera! I'm outta here -- (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif)

Ok, so you would've pumped up the ego of a kid who doesn't even have experience driving a stick so he'd have more confidence in his (non) ability while driving your brand new C6? Yeah, that'd really happen.

Gushi seems to like low-probability passes. Him driving through the grass was absolutely insane.

+Quote Post
SSTAT
post Feb 26 2007, 02:05 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 369

Hmmm... I guess to me 'giving useful advice' and 'pumping someones ego' are different things altogether, but thats just me. Every single interaction they showed between Lou and that kid had Lou either ripping on him, belittling him, or threatening him. Sorry if I offended anyone by giving an opinion about Lou, perhaps they only included those scenes to make good TV, but I stand by what I said.

+Quote Post
nape
post Feb 26 2007, 04:07 AM
Post #30

Veteran Member

Maybe I came off a little too "keyboard warrior" with that post.

My comments weren't just because it's LG, but you've got a 17 yr old kid, in a brand new C6, going for a chance to win $100,000. I'm sure they put in all the parts that look good for TV, but during the "race" Lou just kept telling him to be calm, hit his apexes, and bring the car home in one piece. I can only guess he was trying to keep the kid from getting spooked with Gushi taking up space in his mirrors the whole time and trying to rattle him.

+Quote Post
AllZWay
post Feb 26 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 74

QUOTE (Shockwave179 @ Feb 23 2007, 11:29 AM) *
I didin't think the host was too bad, he's definitly better than rich christianson from pinks..

No doubt.... I hate that show and I especially hate that moron that host it.

I didn't think Forza was extremely bad..... a bit cheesy, but having Lou and Louis on it make it worth watching.

+Quote Post
bowtieboy
post Feb 26 2007, 03:10 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Yeah, it makes the series a lot more interesting watching someone from back home trying to make a run at it.

I think that Lou's whole point with that kid is to try and make certain that he just finishes ~ to get points

.......as, like most of us, he's just a competitive person trying to use the best what has been handed to him.

+Quote Post
jeffburch
post Feb 26 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,005

QUOTE (nape @ Feb 25 2007, 04:37 PM) *
Gushi seems to like low-probability passes. Him driving through the grass was absolutely insane.

Looked to me like he missed his braking point and blew the chicane.
He was lucky he didn't hit Lou's car.
Tank slapper, if you will.

jb

+Quote Post
dailydriver
post Feb 26 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #34

Experienced Member

Member No.: 1,589

QUOTE (jeffburch @ Feb 26 2007, 11:23 AM) *
QUOTE (nape @ Feb 25 2007, 04:37 PM) *

Looked to me like he missed his braking point and blew the chicane.
He was lucky he didn't hit Lou's car.
Tank slapper, if you will.

jb

I don't know. That move looked pretty intentional to me, sort of an act of desperation. I guess it's "anything goes" in the wheel to wheel driving portions??

+Quote Post
NataSS Inc
post Feb 27 2007, 12:22 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 73

I could only image what would have happened if that kid would have plowed LG's car.

+Quote Post
98_1LE
post Feb 28 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #36

Experienced Member

That kid woulda beena swimmin' wiff da fishes'.

EDIT: So does Louis ever say anything?

This post has been edited by 98_1LE: Mar 1 2007, 04:28 AM

+Quote Post
00 Trans Ram
post Mar 1 2007, 01:14 AM
Post #37

Experienced Member

Member No.: 303

I thought it looked suspiciously like a "Playstation GT4" move. I erased it already, or I'd go back and see if he was on the brakes.

+Quote Post
bowtieboy
post Mar 1 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

What's the deal with these upgrades ?

Both 300Z's got brakes and turbos
The mustang got suspension and brakes
I don't remember exactly what the older cars received, but I believe they got tires and brakes.

........and the Vette gets an exhaust, hood and skirts

Seems a little biased to make for a better show to me (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ~ I mean, on a stock Vette, wouldn't you want better breaks and possibly shocks first ?
......as it appears that they pretty much have more HP than that kid wants to use already anyway.

+Quote Post
98_1LE
post Mar 1 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #39

Experienced Member

I think those were LG hood, fender skirts, and splitter.

+Quote Post
nape
post Mar 1 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #40

Veteran Member

QUOTE (bowtieboy @ Mar 1 2007, 10:11 AM) *
........and the Vette gets an exhaust, hood and skirts

Seems a little biased to make for a better show to me (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ~ I mean, on a stock Vette, wouldn't you want better breaks and possibly shocks first ?
......as it appears that they pretty much have more HP than that kid wants to use already anyway.

What's it matter if the kid can't use them? For being some stock car driver, this kid doesn't look like he has crap for experience. Seriously, who here couldn't light the tires on a 350rwhp 'vette? Those LG-style donuts used to cost me a lot of dough in tires even with a 200rwhp Trans Am right after high school.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 07:48 AM