IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Hotpart.comUMI PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringSolo Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who's going to watch Bull Run ?, Bull Run
bowtieboy
post Mar 12 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 195

Looks like Spike is going to have a show on tonight called "Bull Run" ~ 10pm CST.
It appears to be along the lines of the Cannon Ball run with some additional tests involved.......I see that the F-body community will be represnted (red WS6).

Ooops ! that's right ~ Tues 10pm CST
....sorry guys

This post has been edited by bowtieboy: Mar 13 2007, 04:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
00 Trans Ram
post Mar 12 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Experienced Member

Member No.: 303

I will.

I worked in New Orleans when they came through in 2004. I actually worked with the event organizers. There were some nice cars there. Also, some funny ones. Parked side-by-side in our garage was a 360 Challenge Stridale and a European BMW Police car (lights, badges, the works). Pretty funny!

+Quote Post
Phoenix57
post Mar 12 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 842

sweet, hopefully my prof won't be a dick and hold us late again so i can make it home for this

+Quote Post
Ojustracing
post Mar 12 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 66

Yes I will be watching. Right now after watching the Promo's and the Vids of the 12 teams, Im glad I didnt make it. In Oct I might of had a different tone, but I don't think the car would have a straight body panel on it when I got back. JFYI The show Starts Tues the 13..

John

+Quote Post
marka
post Mar 14 2007, 03:04 AM
Post #5

Experienced Member

Member No.: 896

Howdy,

So, this show seems pretty dumb...

Mark

+Quote Post
bowtieboy
post Mar 14 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

It fell short of my expectations as well but, compared to what else is on at that time, I thought it was ok.......I'll continue to watch and cheer on the F-body (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I heard a "snip'it" that their going to have another one from Canada to Florida sometime this year (i believe) ~ I'd try to enter that one if it weren't for the expenses that I'm having to pay out on daycare for the kids right now....... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/banghead.gif)

+Quote Post
marka
post Mar 14 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #7

Experienced Member

Member No.: 896

Howdy,

The show just seems totally stupid. A GPS system in a Civic LX with a big gas tank would easily win. Take the GPS system away and that just means you'd need someone good with maps.

The 'skill contest' also seemed pretty dumb. How could you not get close enough to hit the lightbulbs with the stick on the roof? Or perhaps they didn't count the ones that the guy hit with the nose of the firebird?

The chicks in the scion who were pissed off when they got kicked off were pretty funny though. :-)

Mark

+Quote Post
bowtieboy
post Mar 14 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (marka @ Mar 14 2007, 10:37 AM) *
Howdy,
The show just seems totally stupid. A GPS system in a Civic LX with a big gas tank would easily win. Take the GPS system away and that just means you'd need someone good with maps.

Honsetly, I thought the same thing about the GPS ~ but from the looks of it, I guess any of those type devices were not allowed. I'm sure there were other rules as well about what could and couldn't be done to make it more of a equal contest.......it would have helped if they would have given us (the audience) a clue (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

The 'skill contest' also seemed pretty dumb. How could you not get close enough to hit the lightbulbs with the stick on the roof? Or perhaps they didn't count the ones that the guy hit with the nose of the firebird?

From what I could tell, the only thing that would break the bulbs was the ball on the end of each post ......as the one guy was making comments on being either too close or too far. That in tangent with each stran of posts appeared to be pretty close together making it difficult to get over to each set with any speed.

......but to each his own, I'll continue to watch ~ at least as long as the WS6 is in it (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by bowtieboy: Mar 14 2007, 05:11 PM

+Quote Post
00 Trans Ram
post Mar 14 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #9

Experienced Member

Member No.: 303

Yeah - lame, but better than the other 90% of stuff. I don't get the "competition" of setting cruise control on a hwy. And hitting lights with a shower rod taped to the top of the car? Huh??

The 2004 version was a lot of really nice, exotic (and some not so exotic) cars going from place to place - staying in the highest-end hotels, eathing the best food. At each location, they'd road race, drag race or do something similar. On the road to each place, it was no rules. I overheard one Ferrari driver say he'd gotten "a dozen-ish" tickets in one leg.

+Quote Post
wdtiger
post Mar 30 2007, 02:32 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,207

Well, i've been watching this every week so far, and i like it. It's fun. While it's not all about flat out speed, it's still a timed event. Thus far, there's been enough excitement to keep me hooked.

It was pretty fun watching the Lambo slam into the racoon the other night! lol.

+Quote Post
98_1LE
post Mar 30 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #11

Experienced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (00 Trans Ram @ Mar 14 2007, 12:26 PM) *
I don't get the "competition" of setting cruise control on a hwy.

I have not seen the show, but have set the cruise control on the straights at BBORR to keep from exceeding tech speed. Nothing like cruising along with the cruise set at 130 and the a/c on high.

+Quote Post
Phoenix57
post Mar 30 2007, 04:43 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 842

well, this event seems to be more about navigating and stayin in one piece. its not Gumball

+Quote Post
AllZWay
post Apr 2 2007, 02:09 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 74

I have been watching it and it has it's cheasy parts....but I think it is watchable.

Anyone see the new show advertised on Speed this week called SETUP? It looks like a racing reality show in Pontiac Soltice's.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:27 PM