Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RSS Feed
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
britdog
Hi, I'm new to this site, but have been active on some of the LT1 message boards that have helped get me familiar with my car that I purchased last summer.
A 1995 Firebird Formula

I'm impressed with your forum, as you really seem to try to minimize the garbage that gets posted on other sites as much as possible.

My first question for you is - Do you have the capability to provide RSS feeds for this site? If not, then make this my first suggestion, too smile.gif

I use Google Reader to manage my RSS feeds for various websites and message boards, so I can see updates in one place, rather than having to go to each site individually all of the time. It's a real time saver and enables me to keep up to date with new posts more easily.

If not, oh well, at least I asked.

Thanks for having me. I'll do my best to share what I know as well as pick your brains.
trackbird
I will actually have to check into the RSS feeds. First I need to get a PDA skin up and working. That suggestion was made and I forgot to get it done. Maybe I'll get that one done first and see what I find from there. I don't know if I have to add a module or a patch to this board for RSS, or if I can set it up another way.

Thanks, we have a good group here and most of the posts are tech related (except mine.....wink.gif). I have to give the credit for that to everyone who posts here. We a fantastic family here and I couldn't ask for a better bunch of truly knowledgeable folks.

Welcome. We're glad to have you aboard!
RedHardSupra
yup, another vote for RSS feeds due to google reader wink.gif
BigEnos
I've never used google reader, but lets make sure our board sponsors still get exposure if we enable RSS.
trackbird
QUOTE (BigEnos @ Jun 29 2007, 06:59 AM) *
I've never used google reader, but lets make sure our board sponsors still get exposure if we enable RSS.

That had also crossed my mind when I read the first post.
britdog
The way the RSS reader works is that the user sees the topic subject lines listed and when you see on that you want to read the details of, you click on it, and are brought to the site. So when the user clicks on the subject line, they would be brought directly to that topic thread on your site, which opens in a totally separate window from the reader.
So, the user sees all of the sponsorship banners that would normally be listed.
Actually, it's just like when you click on the link to a message that you're subscribed to from an email.

There are a host of RSS readers out there and this is how they generally work. Google is no exception, except that it's not a client-based application, it's hosted on Google's servers, so it allows me to access my feeds regardless of which PC I'm working on.
Pilot
Hey Kevin, I might be able to help with some of this stuff when I get some time. Lemme know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.