Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: 3rd gen rear end
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
slowTA
I need one of the following:

A complete 3rd gen 10 bolt with backing plates for the PBR brakes. The perfect rear would have 3.42 gears, a T2R, relocation brackets, half of a panhard bar relocating kit (with the other half in a box), and just a little negative camber. Am I asking for too much?

An empty 10-bolt housing that is 'mechanically sound' so I can install the above parts. That means a drum rear would need work right, something about cutting a bracket off?

Any working posi that will fit the Australian 9 bolt.

Oh yeah... should be in North Jersey too!

Let me know what you have and how much you want for it.
ReEntryRacer
QUOTE (slowTA @ Sep 21 2007, 07:35 PM) *
I need one of the following:

A complete 3rd gen 10 bolt with backing plates for the PBR brakes. The perfect rear would have 3.42 gears, a T2R, relocation brackets, half of a panhard bar relocating kit (with the other half in a box), and just a little negative camber. Am I asking for too much?

An empty 10-bolt housing that is 'mechanically sound' so I can install the above parts. That means a drum rear would need work right, something about cutting a bracket off?

Any working posi that will fit the Australian 9 bolt.

Oh yeah... should be in North Jersey too!

Let me know what you have and how much you want for it.

Well, at least I have the 1LE backplates if you can't find any...
StanIROCZ
I have a drum brake rear 3.42 T2 in Michigan. Don't suppose that you'll be driving through anytime soon though....
slowTA
Thanks for the replies, I'll keep you both in mind.
slowTA
ReEntry, still have those backing plates? PM/e-mail me.
KeithO
I just noticed this thread -

In my F-Stock 3rd gen days, I bought a complete 9-Bolt with the 2.77 (I know, I know) and working posi (according to the seller but it was believable based on his circumstances). I never swapped it into the car because switching to Red Line 75w90NS made the unit that was in the car reasonable. Now the rear is just sitting in my dad's garage.

I wanted this thing bad enough back in the day that I drove over 10 hours roundtrip just to pick it up. I'd love to see someone get use out of this. Are you interested?
slowTA
Sorry. I'm tracking down a friend's 10 bolt drum rear (3.23 or 3.42) and ReEntry's backing plates. I have enough 9 bolts, but from what I've heard even a good 9 bolt posi wont last too long autocrossing.

If a 10 bolt with a good aftermarket posi doesn't make me happy I'll just weld the whole mess together... wont have to worry about piston knock back then!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.