Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IROC cars (real IROC cars) up for auction
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
00 Trans Ram
Yup - looks like they're closing shop. I'll watch to see if there are any steals to be had.
jensend
I'm curious how this type of auction operates. I live an hour away from the shop site, but it appears that people may bid from any of a variety of sources. This would seem to make it pretty easy for someone to shill the price of items without the actual bidders knowing it. Also wonder if they intend to sell things individually or in bulk lots. Lots of pricey tools and items to sell bulk, but also a lot to sell individully or in small lots. Will have to investigate the auction site in greater detail.
rpoz-29
Does anyone else remember watching the first IROC races when they ran Porsches?
mitchntx
Now THAT'S an AIX car if I ever saw one ....
1meanZ
I'm offended by the title of this thread.... ripped.gif
dailydriver
QUOTE (rpoz-29 @ Jan 26 2008, 11:26 PM) *
Does anyone else remember watching the first IROC races when they ran Porsches?

Yes, I do remember.
They also used to run on road courses as well back then (and even up until about 5-6 years ago??). sad.gif

I also remember the 2nd gen Camaros with REAL Minilite wheels on them.

Maybe Toyota "laid down the law" and did not like the fact that it was a series based on American (in general) and GM (in specific) nameplates???
Hence the death of the series?

BTW; just how far are these things from GT-1 specs??
pknowles
I would love that old mill and lathe, even if they are old. I assume there are not a lot of people that would eyeball those in that collection of stuff.
rmackintosh
The guy who has done most of the fabrication work on my car used to have a regular customer who had 80's version Camaro. He bought it and ran it in GT-1 back in the day. The car was VERY plain, and my guy found stuff like muffler tubing and other questionable stuff on it. It was not a well prepped car in my memory.

I am sure the later generations were much better though..... ph34r.gif
00 Trans Ram
Am I correct in noticing a Trans Am body kit with Mopar power? Maybe it's a Ford chassis!
johns68
QUOTE (00 Trans Ram @ Jan 28 2008, 04:33 PM) *
Am I correct in noticing a Trans Am body kit with Mopar power? Maybe it's a Ford chassis!

Laughlin chassis, Chevy power.
z28jeff
I'd like to have one of those Brunnhoelzl aluminum jacks. I wonder what those will go for? Aren't they like $500-$800 new? It would also make a neat conversation piece at an autocross event, to be using a jack that that may have been carried over the pit wall at Daytona.
JMP33
That's a bummer even though IROC isn't what it used to be. I remember watching the 2nd gen Camaros at Riverside on TV. Lots of good racing.
mitchntx
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...1%3D%26_fvi%3D1

I wondered how long it would be before they began showing up for sale.
Wayno
That same car went up for sale right after the auction.It sold for $70,000.
Blainefab
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Jan 27 2008, 08:15 AM) *
Now THAT'S an AIX car if I ever saw one ....

Nope - Even AIX requires a OEM tub, firewall and frame rails. These are tube frame cars.
mitchntx
Damn ...
codename Bil Doe
It's like Panoz cars, only these are actually worth something. beerchug.gif How cool would it be to have a car with history like Earnhardt's IROC car? Found this photo of Richard Petty's 1974 IROC Porsche:

sgarnett
QUOTE (z28jeff @ Jan 29 2008, 07:42 AM) *
I'd like to have one of those Brunnhoelzl aluminum jacks. I wonder what those will go for? Aren't they like $500-$800 new? It would also make a neat conversation piece at an autocross event, to be using a jack that that may have been carried over the pit wall at Daytona.

The regular Brunnhoelzl aluminum jacks are over $1K depending on options. They have a budget "Warrior" model for $595. It is essentially the same jack with the same made-in-USA components minus some bell and/or whistle. Most notably, the Warrior is only available in 3 pump and 6 pump versions.

I thought I could buy several HF jacks for what a decent jack would cost. That turned out to be quite literally true, so I now use a Brunnhoelzl Warrior.

Brunnhoelzl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.