Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2001 Camaro Z28 (Maryland)
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
patred
Sold! sad.gif

2001 Chevy Camaro Z28, 6-speed, T-tops, red with gray cloth interior, Koni single adjustables, Monsoon sound system with single disc CD player, Hurst shifter. Power windows, locks, mirrors and driver’s seat.

99,XXX miles. I got the car with a blown engine at 91,500 miles and had a long block from a 2001 SS installed with around 35,000 miles. The transmission is also out of the same SS (nothing wrong with original trans, just got the engine and trans as a package and had the lower mileage trans installed, too).

Car is stock except for the Konis. Still ran a 13.000 @ 109 mph at Capitol Raceway on Kumho ASX street tires.

Misc maintenance stuff I’ve done: Front and rear rotors and pads, battery, PS pump, front hubs, driver’s side O2 sensors, driver’s side cats (replaced under extended recall), tie rod ends, Redline gear oil in differential, Amsoil air filter, skip-shift eliminator, Falken tires at 98,898 miles. When engine was installed: clutch, rear main seal, spark plugs, belts, thermostat and housing.

Clean title in hand!

It would make a great local F-Stock car provided there aren’t any Shelbys in your area (well, provided there aren’t any Strano’s in your area) or if you want to do a stock-class conversion to an SS. Of course the LS1 makes it just stupidly appealing for the track. smile.gif

$8000 firm! No trades!

Located in Maryland near BWI airport.

E-mail me at patred48 "at" verizon.net or call 410.768.1012

Pat
patred
Looking over some old paperwork, the "new" engine actually had 35K (not 30K) miles on it BUT I got the engine with the transmission from the same car and had it installed as well. So engine and trans basically have under 45K on them now. My car's original T56 has long since been sold, so you vultures go away! smile.gif

Also found the original window sticker:

In it's former glory last year at the Atlanta DoubleCross (note, it DOES NOT come with the sweet Firebird swirlies ... I'd have to jack up the price if you wanted them):

Pat
CamaroFS34
bizzzump so Pat can buy a new toy. laugh.gif
Sam Strano
Repeating from another post: 13.00 @ 109 in a stock car on real nothing special street tires. Yikes. My car only trapped 107.9 stock. *sniff*
rickshank
Trade for '90 L98/T5 Firebird? smile.gif

Kidding....

For others, i bought the '90 off of Pat.
patred
QUOTE (rickshank @ Mar 26 2008, 07:01 PM) *

Well, you hit 1 of 4 on what's going to replace it. wink.gif

Hopefully ... blink.gif

Edit: Oops, meant 1 of 4. Not that I want to put out any disinformation or anything.

Pat
marka
Howdy,

QUOTE (patred @ Mar 27 2008, 08:11 AM) *

Well, you hit 3 of 4 on what's going to replace it. wink.gif

Hopefully ... blink.gif

Pat

Did the '90 C4 come with an L98 & a T5? I'd have guessed no, but I can't think of anything else that would be better than an '01 z28... Unless its a Prepared car?

Mark
Sam Strano
C4's never had 5 speeds. They had the 4+3 and the ZF 6 speed. It's not Vette, and it's not a Prepared car. Beyond that, I'm sworn to secrecy.
marka
Howdy,

Madarash (or however you spell it) selling his car?

Mark
pknowles
QUOTE (patred @ Mar 27 2008, 08:11 AM) *

Well, you hit 3 of 4 on what's going to replace it. wink.gif

Hopefully ... blink.gif

Pat

Well my initial guess of which car you are after was correct. Bring a can of starter fluid with you Pat and maybe some fresh gas!
patred
QUOTE (marka @ Mar 27 2008, 01:26 PM) *
Howdy,

Madarash (or however you spell it) selling his car?

Mark

I think it's a car that is just in a constant state of "for sale." Problem is I think he was asking $15K+, and I've never spent more than $10K on any car (two trucks, yes, but no cars). Not saying that it isn't worth it, I'm just cheap. smile.gif

Went back and corrected my post in response to Rick's because I can't count. I constantly look for 6th gear in my Sentra and forget to shift to 6th in T56 F-Bodies.

Pat
CrashTestDummy
QUOTE (patred @ Mar 27 2008, 12:41 PM) *
Went back and corrected my post in response to Rick's because I can't count. I constantly look for 6th gear in my Sentra and forget to shift to 6th in T56 F-Bodies.

Pat

I have the same problem. With all the cam the car has, my wife's '95 Z is not very comfortable in 6th under about 80. Still, it's about the only way to get double-digit MPG numbers. blink.gif
CamaroFS34
It's funny that everyone wants to know what you're getting when I already signed the paperwork for my new toy. wink.gif
CamaroFS34
Such a cheap LS1! Don't make him sell it on eBay!
patred
If anybody's interested, I can put on a 35mm front ST sway bar (since the one on there now is Karen's and I'd need to take it off anyway). Big front bar + Konis and you have an F-body that is a whole lot better than stock!

Pat
CamaroFS34
Pat might be out of town until Saturday, but I can still show the car to anyone who would like to see it. smile.gif
patred
I'm back in town and still have a red Camaro in my garage ...

Pat
patred
Price reduced. :/
patred
Sold!

And I take no responsibility if anybody hears a news about an 18-year-old kid, who never drove a stick shift until today, in southern Maryland wrapping his Z28 around a tree.
trackbird
QUOTE (patred @ May 3 2008, 01:27 PM) *
Sold!

And I take no responsibility if anybody hears a news about an 18-year-old kid, who never drove a stick shift until today, in southern Maryland wrapping his Z28 around a tree.

Oh hell.... blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.