Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: HANS Quick disconnect tethers $50
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
CMC #37
HANS Quick disconnect tethers $50 shipped, 1/2 of retail at $105. only two years old, excellent condition. I take PayPal or can get to west coast CMC events. I went to the new sliding tether system which does not use quick disconnects. These are very nice and the only bummer about the sliding tether system!
JKnight
Julie, I think you can use the new style tethers and the quick disconnect at the same time. I haven't seen the new tethers live, but from what I've read they can still be used in conjunction.

Jason
CMC #37
QUOTE (JKnight @ Apr 19 2008, 02:30 PM) *
Julie, I think you can use the new style tethers and the quick disconnect at the same time. I haven't seen the new tethers live, but from what I've read they can still be used in conjunction.

Jason

No, I wish - did confirm with Wine Country Motorsports (authorized HANS dealer), and if you look at the ends of the sliding set-up you'll see adding the quick disconnects would make the tether way too long. A quick read of the HANS website will show you the sliders cannot be ordered with the quick disconnects.
JKnight
Julie, you're probably right. What has me confused is this picture that I saw on another forum:

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showp...mp;postcount=18

Those look like quick disconnect tethers to me, but I could be completely wrong.

Jason
CMC #37
QUOTE (JKnight @ Apr 19 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Julie, you're probably right. What has me confused is this picture that I saw on another forum:

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showp...mp;postcount=18

Those look like quick disconnect tethers to me, but I could be completely wrong.

Jason

I'm not a member there so it won't let me look! sad.gif

Here's a pic of the quick disconnects:

Here's a pic of the sliding tethers:

What does the Corner Carver image look like? I see it was posted by a CMCer. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.