Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Baer Claw brake kit
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
JKnight
We've upgraded the brakes on our '96 Camaro, and are selling the Baer Claw brake kit that we've had on the car for the last ~5 years. The kit is as pictured in this link:

http://www.z28racergirl.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=5582

Shipping the stuff will be expensive, mainly due to the weight of the rotors. If you have the stock brakes on an LT1 car you'll need to cut the spindle to make these fit, which isn't all that hard really. For an LS1 car this should bolt right on. The tack welded spacers for the caliper brackets broke off the bracket some time ago on one bracket. This is more a pain in the ass than anything else. That same bracket (coincidence?) is ever so slightly twisted. We have five sets of pads that fit the calipers. I'll throw in two sets with the kit. The other three sets I'd like to get some money for, but if you buy the kit I'll sell them at a reduced price. Oh yeah, you'll want to have the calipers rebuilt as the dust boots are torn. I don't even know what to charge for this. I don't recall what this was new. Heck, I should recall what overnight Saturday Fedex to Buttonwillow cost for a caliper holder, since it was insanely expensive, but I've learned to block that stuff from memory. $100? Make me an offer.

Jason
z28tt
QUOTE (JKnight @ Apr 23 2008, 12:46 PM) *
Shipping the stuff will be expensive, mainly due to the weight of the rotors.

If the rotor is close to 12" OD, the USPS has their large 12x12x5.5" flat rate priority boxes that are $13 which I abuse often. 2 Days coast to coast for a 40 lb box for $13. Gotta love it!

Andris
JKnight
Andris, NICE! Thanks for the tip.

Jason
00 Trans Ram
what size are the front rotors?
JKnight
The rotors are 13" in diameter. Are you asking for wheel fitment purposes?

Jason
00 Trans Ram
More because I've got the Baer GT+ kit for a Vette on my car, and I've pretty much killed the stupid cross-drilled rotors they came with (ebay, $300, it was a steal). I need new rotors, and no one sells the rotors with 12 bolts to math the aluminum hats. Also, no one sells brakes with the right offset to fit the caliper brackets.

So, I'm stuck with either making new brackets and buying stock-ish rotors, or buying from Baer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.