Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Sponsor!
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
trackbird
I wanted to take a moment to welcome Improved Racing to frrax as our latest supporting vendor. Improved Racing has a very nice baffle for the LS1 oil pans to help prevent oil slosh and starvation. This looks like a much needed product for our cars and a possible alternative to a full aftermarket pan. More information can be found on their website:

http://www.improvedracing.com:80/

Welcome!
ImprovedRacing
Thanks Kevin!

I made a post in the Engine/Powertrain Tech forum about my LS1 baffle (link). I encourage everyone to provide input and post up your questions, opinions and reviews.

Thanks guys!
cccbock
QUOTE (ImprovedRacing @ May 27 2008, 08:00 PM) *
Thanks Kevin!

I made a post in the Engine/Powertrain Tech forum about my LS1 baffle (link). I encourage everyone to provide input and post up your questions, opinions and reviews.

Thanks guys!

For now, Im an LT1 guy, but it looks like a nice piece....well thought out
Bock
sgarnett
Is it possible to remove/replace the fbody LS1 pan without dropping the Kmember? Can the engine be nudged upward just a bit with a hoist to get enough working room?
John_D.
Seems like I've heard of it being done, but maybe that was by also lowering the k-member.

Getting the front of the pan to clear won't take a lot of extra space. Getting the pickup out of the box will take a bit of space, and the rear of the engine isn't going to come up much...
CJ-TA
Maybe it's a good thing that I didn't end up with the aftermarket pan smile.gif

Welcome....
ImprovedRacing
Thanks for the comments!

As for dropping the pan, it may be possible but as John mentioned you do need quite a bit of space to clear the pickup. You can try raising the engine and lowering the k-member a bit until it clears, and if it doesn't, just unbolt the k-member completely.

I've only done it on my Rx7 (LS1-powered) and I just dropped the whole k-member since I'm changing all my suspension bushings and I had to re-thread one of the bolt-holes for the K-member anyway (it was stripped).

If you don't have a hoist available, this can come in handy (I haven't tried it though, I used a hoist): http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/sto...09403_200309403
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.