Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bolt-on + heads LT1 Dyno
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
kgkern01
Mods in sig, just basic catback, cutout, CAI, Hooker Longtubes, but also 1.7 rockers and ported heads...and E85. Open Loop Tune

322 rwhp, 337 rwtq

The A/F was off on their dyno because I have a small leak where the y-pipe meets the catback pipe. My new LM1 was in my pass side collector, thus the reason I ran Open Loop. I read 11.6-11.8 A/F until the top when I read 12.0-12.2 (108% DC on the 30# SVO's).

Me on the dyno
killer_bluebird
Very Respectable numbers! 2thumbs.gif Sounds like you need 42# injectors. I remmember reading some info saying that you needed bigger injectors for e85.
JustDSM
You'll need approx. 33% more fuel for E85 vs. gasoline.
y5e06
so, no other changes?
stock tank (plastic or steel?), pump, plastic & steel lines? are you just pushing stock injectors harder too or did you pick some bigger and more compatible w/ ethanol?
very interesting.
I am sketching out plans for a carb'ed 12:1 350 '87 monte T56 E85 project (already bought T56 components)
kgkern01
Almost all cars made since either 1989 or 1990 can use ethanol, since that is when 10% ethanal in gas began being mandated in some areas in the US.
I did go with 30# SVO's, but they were hitting 85% DC at 4600 RPM and static (100%) just shy of 5200 RPM, so it went a little leaner after that. I had to tune the PCM for about 34% more fuel I believe by changing the injector constant and worked with VE Master in Speed Density mode, then swtiched back to MAF and fine tuned the MAF calibration by just a few %. I think if I can get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and bump pressure to about 56 psi, that should put me where I need to be with fuel.

Changes made to car for E85 were, tuning the PCM, 30# SVO's, changed fuel filter after a few tanks, added a wideband to monitor and tune A/F ratios. That's about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.