Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photos of the "Beach Cruiser" in action
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
Beach Cruiser
Hey Guys,
At last weekend's local Auto X, we had a photographer take some great shots. I thought I'd share the link with you and intro my car. I'm the Blue WS6 in the photo album. Last weekend was my first time on Race tires. Worn out hand me down race tires, but still faster than my street tires. I placed 43rd out of 131 cars, but I'm still a newbie and my car is not set up completly yet, but for me I thought it was good. There is a lot of good drivers here in Eastern VA, including a lot of Vettes, and BMW 3 series cars. Here's a link, Enjoy! http://hr404.smugmug.com/gallery/5417892_j...331264752_M54rj
Mills
cccbock
QUOTE (Beach Cruiser @ Jul 16 2008, 04:35 PM) *
Hey Guys,
At last weekend's local Auto X, we had a photographer take some great shots. I thought I'd share the link with you and intro my car. I'm the Blue WS6 in the photo album. Last weekend was my first time on Race tires. Worn out hand me down race tires, but still faster than my street tires. I placed 43rd out of 131 cars, but I'm still a newbie and my car is not set up completly yet, but for me I thought it was good. There is a lot of good drivers here in Eastern VA, including a lot of Vettes, and BMW 3 series cars. Here's a link, Enjoy! http://hr404.smugmug.com/gallery/5417892_j...331264752_M54rj
Mills

Nice car.

How many seconds penalty for going in the water?

Bock
poSSum
Nice. smile.gif

That is a cool autox lot!!
trackbird
Am I seeing 17's or 18's on that car with "FS" on it? Just stood out to me. smile.gif
Todd
lookin good...one of the disadvantages of running in the afternoon session...no pictures for me sad.gif
Beach Cruiser
yes, I'm busted. My 17's for the rear didn't arrive in time so I had to run my 18x10.5's with 305 A6's. I'm the only FS car and I'm hardly competitive, so no protests. Terry Baker sometimes runs his Shelby in FS but there is no way I'm gonna beat him yet. With 42 other cars beating me out, there was nobody complaining.

No penalties for running into the water, you'll just piss a bunch of people off while waiting to fish your car out.
Beach Cruiser
Yeah it's a really cool lot! It's on the Navy Amphib base, it's the landing pad for the hovercraft, the Navy moves them out of the way for us to run 3rd Sunday each month. It's nice in the summer, but in the winter and early spring, It's really, really cold! The course is generally 50 seconds or so, and top speeds can be as much as 65 or 70 for some of the high HP cars.
Spruill242
Very cool. Nice to see another WS6 owner in VB. I haven't seen that layout yet but I have been to the one they do in pungo. Have you made it out to VIR yet? I'm heading up that way next weekend (26-27) for the NASA event.
Beach Cruiser
I did the patriot course at VIR in march (in the rain) I want to go back again, but funds are short right now. I have a set of Victo racers and a spare set of wheels for the car now so I'm set tire wise. where in VB are you? what color is your car? I havn't seen you at Pungo. I've run there for the last year or so.
Spruill242
The car is Black. I haven't been out to pungo in a while. I went out there to test the volvo racecar. Got confused by all the damn cones and decided autox is not for me. I live off of Great Neck in the same neighborhood as Trantwood elementary.
Todd
QUOTE (Spruill242 @ Jul 21 2008, 09:03 PM) *
The car is Black. I haven't been out to pungo in a while. I went out there to test the volvo racecar. Got confused by all the damn cones and decided autox is not for me. I live off of Great Neck in the same neighborhood as Trantwood elementary.

what a small world...my parents live in the same neighborhood... i live on the other side of the city.
Spruill242
It is a small world. It's a nice neighborhood.
Beach Cruiser
I live down at the Ocean Front, I saw a Black WS6 on 264 the other day. You should bring it out to Pungo this weekend or ACU-4 Third sunday in Aug. I'm tired of beating up on poor defenseless Volvo Turbos (Todd, that's for you) :-) PM me and I'll send you all the scoop on the events.
Spruill242
Yeah if it was Fri afternoon it was me heading to VIR ( which was a blast ). If I'm here for that weekend I'll have to get up with you and chech things out.
Todd
QUOTE (Beach Cruiser @ Jul 28 2008, 02:54 PM) *
I live down at the Ocean Front, I saw a Black WS6 on 264 the other day. You should bring it out to Pungo this weekend or ACU-4 Third sunday in Aug. I'm tired of beating up on poor defenseless Volvo Turbos (Todd, that's for you) :-) PM me and I'll send you all the scoop on the events.

rolleyes.gif i was just given the green light to sign both of us up for Pungo. Haven't decided whether I will buy new tires for the Saaby or we will drive the TT instead. smile.gif
Spruill242
Todd, it's all good man. I'v got a turbo volvo in the garage as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.