Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who here has a CG-Lock?
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
cdb95z28
Got a CG-Lock from ApexPerfromance for use in my 95 Z28. I have my 3rd track day coming up a BeaveRun 8/22, figured I would try one out. On my way to work there is a couple nice quick right-lefthanders and sweeping corners. Does a pretty good job of keeping my rear planted in the seat. Didn`t have to "hold on" to the streering wheel.
-Chad
sgarnett
It didn't fit the seatbelt on my 2001. I just pull the belt all the way out and twist it to take up the slack and lock it.
pknowles
QUOTE (sgarnett @ Jul 24 2008, 07:58 PM) *
It didn't fit the seatbelt on my 2001. I just pull the belt all the way out and twist it to take up the slack and lock it.

I barrowed one from someone and I really liked it. It fit fine in my 02.
sgarnett
For some reason, the tongue assembly differs between the driver and passenger sides on my car. I don't know if that's normal, or if they used multiple vendors, or mine was made on the cusp of a design change, or what. The tongue itself is the same.

I never tried the CG Lock on the passenger side, since I'm not that talented.
trackbird
I used one in my 2002 and it had different belts as well. I just clamped it to the plastic cover on the drivers side belt and it worked great!!!!
loudes13
Usually you can flip it around and still use it.

btw I still have 3 or 4 for $40 each. If we can meet up, I'm NW of Chicago. I could ship via USPS, but don't know how much that will cost.
marka
Howdy,

I've used one here an there... To me, they're better than nothing at all and better than twisting the belt, but a proper 3" lap belt holds me in much better and doesn't dig into my side as badly.

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.