Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 39 Cobra injectors WITH adapters
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
kgkern01
I bought these for my car used only to end up losing oil pressure on my engine before I received them. Also have a NEW set of Ford Racing EV1-EV6 adapters I had ordered for these as well. These allow these injectors to plug directly into an older EV1 style harness like on LT1 and LS1 cars.

At LT1 fuel pressure they would flow 41.19#
LS1 fuel pressure would flow 47.56#.

$230 shipped for both injectors and adapters.
Steve in Seattle
Did you actually have these cleaned and flow tested to 41.5#?

I ask because two years ago I bought two sets of '99 Terminator take-offs like you describe (and the trick Ford Racing adapters before they were even in their catalog or in dealer's computers wink.gif)... both sets had very low miles and when flow tested we found 12 of the 16 flowing at exactly 38.5#/hr at 3 bar (LT1) and after cleaning one more hit it exactly at 38.5# as well... the other three were +/- 0.5#/hr.

The flow-matched characterists of these Terminator injectors are amazing... but they definitely don't flow more than 39# at LT1 pressures from what I've seen personally. Probabaly won't make a difference, but I suppose 2#/hr could be the difference between 95% and 90% duty.
Steve in Seattle
BTW, if you havn't used the adapters you may be in for some frustration. They clip onto the injectors VERY snug, but are a TOTAL PITA to get them plugged into a LT1 harness. They're defintely a nice tight package, and they work fine once you get them installed, but getting the harness to plug in/over the adapters isn't easy... you need to almost ram them on and you won't hear a click when they're on deep enough...

I'll probably convert my LT1 harness to USCAR connectors and ditch the adapters in the long run (fear of shaking them loose and dropping a cylinder)... but they seemed to work fine for now as long as you jam them on real good. smile.gif

GREAT price though... I'm tempted to pick up a spare set now. tongue.gif
kgkern01
Well I just plugged one of the adapters into the harness. No problem getting them in. They do fit snug into the LT1 harness, but it was no problem getting them in. They were a little tough to pull out, but not too bad plugging in. As far as the flow rate, from Ford Racing website: "All injector flow rates are quoted at a delta pressure of 39.15 psi". As with ANY injector, there may be a variance, but you will want to tune new injectors anyway.

BTW, Price Drop: $210 shipped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.