Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coke can diff or Coke can head, you decide.
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
tpunk
I've got this kid over on the V6 site I'm a part of proclaming his invention of a modified open diff that he somehow used coke cans to make a LSD. Basically he is telling people to cut out washers from the coke can and placing them on with the stock washers to cause a bind condition making both wheels turn but be able to over come the bind when turning. I thought you guys might enjoy some of the ghetto engineering that is going on with the f-body. Feel free to join and post up over there as well.

John.

Linky--> http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43841
he starts at post 5.
John_D.
Wow.
tpunk
QUOTE (John_D. @ Jul 31 2008, 08:43 PM) *
Wow.

Admit it, you miss the V6 bull crap don't you.
John_D.
Sometimes...

However, I bought a Grand Am about 3 weeks ago, and joined a forum to get educated about those. Lot of the same type audience there. I did pick up a few good points that I needed to know (like the fuel pressure regulator issue on the 2.4) but you have to wade through a lot of stuff to get the tidbits.
Rob Hood
Sometimes it's just better to stay out of the shallow end of the gene pool...
trackbird
Not Sonic registered here today. I see him in that thread. Guess I know how he found us (and welcome to the board Not Sonic).

But John, did you have to send "him" here (aluminum locker boy...).

I'm going to the kitchen and put gears in my coke can so I can see what that does. If I get enough gears in my coke can, will it still let me do coke can burnouts? blink.gif
tpunk
QUOTE (trackbird @ Jul 31 2008, 11:11 PM) *
But John, did you have to send "him" here (aluminum locker boy...).

Think of it as me sending you the gift of laghter... the wrong kind of laughter you get from seeing someone do something so retarded that you have to laugh to keep from dieing a little inside.

BTW here is a link to an artists rendition of the coke can bandit on the phone. It is in a thread that is not work safe though so be warned.
http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/showt...10&page=285
patred
QUOTE (tpunk @ Jul 31 2008, 09:28 PM) *

I have a hard time trusting/believing somebody's engineering feats when they're too lazy to type "y" or "o". wink.gif

Pat
Mean Green Z28
oh wow, I need to come out with a coke can shim pack and sell them on e-bay
trackbird
Sprite can locker...The un-locker...
JKnight
tpunk, thanks for the link. Initially I was irked that I clicked it when I saw your post. Then I scrolled, and all was ok again. :-)

Jason
NU_BLUE
Before I bought my SS I had a V6. It was no slouch but it wasn't an LS1...Anyways, it had an open diff and I replaced it with a Torsen and it completely changed the handling. For only $90 from SLP it was worth the money.

I can't believe this guy is suggesting this. He's saying using he method it'll work like an limited slip but the al. washering you make will "wear out" and you'll have to replace them. Thats all you need is ground-up metal shavings in your diff..... Guess his "wyotech" edubcation payed off...
Crazy Canuck
if you use a beer can, what is the performance increase/decrease ? laugh.gif
trackbird
QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Aug 5 2008, 09:57 AM) *
if you use a beer can, what is the performance increase/decrease ? laugh.gif

It will be too drunk to spin the tires in a straight line and it will probably piss fluid everywhere you don't want it to... drink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.