Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm done ... 4th gen race car parting out
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
johns68
Much of this stuff has sold, thanks everyone!

I'll post individual ads for those items still available, as well as more parts coming off.
Blainefab
QUOTE (johns68 @ Aug 18 2008, 11:25 PM) *
Its replacement arrived tonight

John, what did you get?
CMC #37
If this will work on my '91 Formula I'll take it!

Complete Trackbrackets C5 front brake conversion. C5 Z06 (red) calipers. Includes Trackbrackets, PAB's, calipers, street pads ... complete. With or without used rotors, your choice, depends on if the shipping cost is worth it to you. $500

I'll take the rear end regardless.
trackbird
Jules,

The trackbrackets are for 4th gen only. It's the C5 conversion kit that I've been selling for a long time.
trackbird
QUOTE (johns68 @ Aug 19 2008, 02:25 AM) *
- ATL fuel cell. Plumbed for dual pump/filter, currently includes one pump and filter. Came with car, no clue as to age of the bladder. 20 gallon. $200

- Set of four GTA rims (2 front offset, 2 rear offset, came with the car)... two are dimpled, two are not (I think) One is pretty rough from racing use, but useable. $100 for the set.

John,

I'm interested in more info on the fuel cell stuff, pics, etc.

Price for shipping the 4 wheels to Galloway, OH 43119? Are they round? What do you mean by "dimpled"?

Thanks!

glaser (dot) kevin (at) att (dot) net
ReEntryRacer
I can use the GTA fronts, but have no use for the rears. If they have no cracks, run straight and hold air I'll take them for $100 and you can donate the rears to a needy cause! smile.gif
Larry
CMC #37
QUOTE (trackbird @ Aug 19 2008, 10:42 AM) *
Jules,

The trackbrackets are for 4th gen only. It's the C5 conversion kit that I've been selling for a long time.

Gotcha.
Roadwarrior1956
How much for the track brackets and everything without the rotors?
johns68
First round of PM's answered.

Alan: I gave into the 'vette fever I've been suffering from. '00 frc. Low miles, local, and cheap.

Jules: the rear is yours as soon as I pull it. If you can figure out a way to easily adapt the trackbrackets to a 3rd gen, a lot of people here will love you! ;-)

Kevin: I'll send some pics tonight after work. I tried to sell the GTAs after I got the CCWs a couple years ago, and saw mention of "dimpled" vs "non-dimpled" by those who seemed to know ... two of mine have round indents around the perimeter of the center section ... I assumed this is what they were talking about?? Track abused (one especially) but they do hold air. I'll roll 'em across the cement floor to check roundness when I pull them out.

Roadwarrior: I'm keeping the rotors curently on the race car. I'll throw in some rotors currently on a street car (not new, but no cracks or spiderwebs, all street miles) if it's worth the difference in shipping to you. Same price with/without the used rotors.

Julie (or anyone else on the left coast) are you going to Mid-Ohio this year? I've already had a couple folks mention possible pick-up at NASA Nats instead of shipping.
CMC #37
QUOTE (johns68 @ Aug 19 2008, 01:05 PM) *

Alan: I gave into the 'vette fever I've been suffering from. '00 frc. Low miles, local, and cheap.

Jules: the rear is yours as soon as I pull it. If you can figure out a way to easily adapt the trackbrackets to a 3rd gen, a lot of people here will love you! ;-)

Kevin: I'll send some pics tonight after work. I tried to sell the GTAs after I got the CCWs a couple years ago, and saw mention of "dimpled" vs "non-dimpled" by those who seemed to know ... two of mine have round indents around the perimeter of the center section ... I assumed this is what they were talking about?? Track abused (one especially) but they do hold air. I'll roll 'em across the cement floor to check roundness when I pull them out.

Roadwarrior: I'm keeping the rotors curently on the race car. I'll throw in some rotors currently on a street car (not new, but no cracks or spiderwebs, all street miles) if it's worth the difference in shipping to you. Same price with/without the used rotors.

Julie (or anyone else on the left coast) are you going to Mid-Ohio this year? I've already had a couple folks mention possible pick-up at NASA Nats instead of shipping.

I am not going, my wallet is still recovering from last year. No-one is going from Cali. sad.gif
billy_ocean
john,

my front LCA bushings are shot, and i'm looking for either LG Motorsports LCA's or stock ones with the spherical end upgrade. Happen to have either of those?
tjZ28
PM sent on the Forza II's: I'll take 'em!

-TJ

QUOTE (CMC #37 @ Aug 19 2008, 01:40 PM) *
QUOTE (johns68 @ Aug 19 2008, 01:05 PM) *

I am not going, my wallet is still recovering from last year. No-one is going from Cali. sad.gif
marka
Howdy,

John, if TJ can get the seats from you easier than you can get them to me over here in OH, feel free to do the deal... Its not the end of the world to me.

Mark
johns68
Update: Julie has dibs on the rear end, and Mark has dibs on the Forzas, but has defered to TJ. I've had interest in most of the suspension stuff that I haven't figured out fair prices for yet (naturally) but will do so as quickly as I can. As soon as I have a few minutes to devote to signing up for a host, I'll add pics.

In the meantime, if you post or pm me an email address I'll send pics of whatever you're interested in.

Thanks for all the early interest everyone. I appreciate it.
johns68
Alan, the Blainefab spoiler is Camaro specific, and won't fit a Firebird, right?
johns68
QUOTE (billy_ocean @ Aug 19 2008, 01:34 PM) *
john,

my front LCA bushings are shot, and i'm looking for either LG Motorsports LCA's or stock ones with the spherical end upgrade. Happen to have either of those?

Nope, mine are one-off, machined from aluminum. Notes came with dimensions and drawings to reproduce them when they wear out.
Rob Hood
Do you have the whole pillar gage pod (2 or 3 gage)? Looking for oil/water temp/oil pressure gages too.
CamaroFS34
Are the torque arm and/or panhard bar adjustable?
billy_ocean
QUOTE (johns68 @ Aug 19 2008, 06:48 PM) *
QUOTE (billy_ocean @ Aug 19 2008, 01:34 PM) *
john,

Nope, mine are one-off, machined from aluminum. Notes came with dimensions and drawings to reproduce them when they wear out.

ummmm, that sounds pretty awesome! IF you are selling them let me know!
1997TA
I am looking for panhard, shock tower brace, subframe connectors. 97 Trans Am. What do you got?
Blainefab
QUOTE (johns68 @ Aug 19 2008, 11:05 AM) *

Alrighty then - welcome to Ybodyness! I've got a storeroom full of spare body/suspension parts if needed.
Blainefab
QUOTE (johns68 @ Aug 19 2008, 06:44 PM) *
Alan, the Blainefab spoiler is Camaro specific, and won't fit a Firebird, right?

Correct - the profile is different. Also, the duct plenums won't work on the Vette, nor will the shift knob.

That ZL1 should drop right in, tho, no prob
trackbird
On the wheels, I need a shipping price (when you get time) and I have to find out if the GTA's will clear C4HD brakes (could be an issue).
johns68
"I am looking for panhard, shock tower brace, subframe connectors. 97 Trans Am. What do you got? "

PM sent, two in line for panhard, no subs, my stb is kinda unique.

"Also, the duct plenums won't work on the Vette, nor will the shift knob"

I was going to see if the plenums would modify easily to work ... if not I'll put them up for grabs too. I was planning on filling the knob with epoxy, then redrilling and tapping it.

"I have to find out if the GTA's will clear C4HD brakes (could be an issue). "

The car originally had 1LE brakes with these wheels and no issues. Dunno if that helps.

"That ZL1 should drop right in tho, no prob"

Nah, I've finally pulled my head out of a dark place and decided the ZL1 will stay in the '68, where it belongs. If I don't start driving it once in a while, though, I might bury my head again and consider selling it.
ReEntryRacer
QUOTE (trackbird @ Aug 20 2008, 06:54 AM) *
On the wheels, I need a shipping price (when you get time) and I have to find out if the GTA's will clear C4HD brakes (could be an issue).

Kevin, the GTAs work with the C4HD brakes that Baer sold me, but they cut down the rotors from 13" to 12" and provide a modified caliper mounting bar. Stock C4 HD brakes will not fit inside the GTA wheels.
PS - I see that you shipped the damper today, and the check is on its way too. thanks!
trackbird
I was afraid the C4HD's wouldn't fit. I have the full sized rotors with mine and I guess I'm going to need to keep looking for IROC wheels. Crap.

Damper went out this morning. Thanks again!
johns68
I'm planning on pulling the engine and trans this weekend, then the car will go on stands and the suspension will come apart. Interest and "dibs" on parts not yet at the money exchange point are as follows (let me know if you've contacted me and aren't on the appropriate list):

LCAs and torque arm: pascoZ28

Panhard: 93zder 1st, 1997TA 2nd

Swaybars: 93zder

Front coilovers: C3SS

Clutch package: rocktman1

GTA wheels: trackbird 1st, ReEntryRacer 2nd

Front LCAs: Billy Ocean

As stuff comes off and isn't spoken for, I'll add it (with pics) to the original post, so stay tuned.
pascoz28
So we'll be getting some prices soon then?
johns68
Yep, soon. I teach, first week of school, been too busy to figure out a fair price for the suspension stuff. Or to roll around on the garage floor pulling stuff off. Bad timing on my part. Sorry for the delay.
pascoz28
Quite alright. Educators in this country are, for the most part, very underpaid IMHO...take all the time you need and thanks for doing what you do!
johns68
Prices posted for suspension components. I think they're fair, yell at me if they aren't.

While working on the cars tonight, I decided to keep the red Z06 calipers for the new one, so changed the ad to Trackbrackets only. If anyone is really hot after the brakes as originally offered, let me know. I can be re-persuaded.
roadracetransam
I just took a better look at your shock tower brace/breather tube set up. Very nifty. I love to see stuff like that.
Where are the hoses going down to?
johns68
Thanks. It always gets some comments in the paddock.

QUOTE (roadracetransam @ Aug 24 2008, 10:54 PM) *
Where are the hoses going down to?

2 qt catch can mounted in front of the wheel well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.