Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My F-body Pics from Nationals
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
poSSum
Mostly ESP as a couple of guys from Winnipeg were running a Subie.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Hug...als/F%20Bodies/
1meanZ
sweet pics. thanks for posting!
CMC #37
Wahoo, even a third gen! smile.gif
StanIROCZ
Yeah, only one third gen. I assume that was Madarash, the guy who won? ~20 4th gens and 1 third gen, and the third gen wins... Better car or just a really kick ass driver or both?
CMC #37
QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Oct 2 2008, 01:29 PM) *
Yeah, only one third gen. I assume that was Madarash, the guy who won? ~20 4th gens and 1 third gen, and the third gen wins... Better car or just a really kick ass driver or both?

Regardless, that is cool! 2thumbs.gif
bowtieboy

An excellent driver with 10+ years in one car and car prepped the the limits of the rules..........both smile.gif
CrashTestDummy
QUOTE (bowtieboy @ Oct 2 2008, 02:26 PM) *

An excellent driver with 10+ years in one car and car prepped the the limits of the rules..........both smile.gif

Both. Every time the car hits the track, he's testing, and he tests between events, often. Plus, he's driven that car so many years, he's one with the car. Oh, and he's a pretty decent driver, too.
StanIROCZ
Yeah, I've read some of the other posts about that guy so I know he is a machine. But I guess my point was more along the lines of 3rd gen vs 4th gen, as in odds are a 4th gen (or something of another platform) wins, but they didn't. Any comments on that?
prockbp
QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Oct 3 2008, 08:22 PM) *
Yeah, I've read some of the other posts about that guy so I know he is a machine. But I guess my point was more along the lines of 3rd gen vs 4th gen, as in odds are a 4th gen (or something of another platform) wins, but they didn't. Any comments on that?

Third gens are fast on an autocross course. Third gens are narrower than fourth gens, can achieve as much negative camber as desired, have comparable torque to a fourth gen, and they are considerably lighter than fourth gens. Those are excellent advantages to have on an autocross course.
SStrokerAce
QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Oct 3 2008, 09:22 PM) *

Yeah as prockbp said, lots of little advantages to a 3rd gen and one prepped to the limit helps a bunch!

Actually in Sam's home region there is a nice well prepped ESP 3rd Gen, I wonder if Sam has ever back to backed his 4th gen and Gary's car?

Being a good driver and always tweaking will help a bunch, you always have to be thinking of something new to try to see if that makes the car better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.