Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newb Alert! Anyone from Jersey?
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
NJSPEEDER
Hey everyone,

I know there are a few Jersey natives around here somewhere. We finally got our own road course, 2 actually in one facility, along with karting facilities and a bunch of other neat stuff. Check it out, www.NJMP.com

I am developing my daily driver to be a bit more fun for track days and the occasional solo. There is also a new toy that will be a much more serious track day car in my future, more about that once it is actually sitting in my driveway. smile.gif

I am also the co-founder of the New Jersey F-Body Owners Association, www.NJFBOA.org .

I look forward to learning from everyone here and hopefully putting some faces to the names at the track next season.

-Tim
CMC #37
Welcome Tim! You'll have a blast if you can make it out to Miller and you'll meet quite a few of us there including myself!
mitchntx
Wow ... how'd you find us? wink.gif

Welcome ...
NJSPEEDER
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Oct 1 2008, 01:21 PM) *
Wow ... how'd you find us? wink.gif

Hmmmmm, I think it was some guy with a name just like yours. Do you have a twin that cruises the deep, dark, drag strip oriented side of the interweb? lol

Thanks for pointing me this way. I have learned a lot just looking and around and searching a few things.

-Tim
slowTA
I've heard a bunch of good things about NJMP, but being an autocrosser I doubt I'll get there much.
mitchntx
QUOTE (NJSPEEDER @ Oct 1 2008, 07:58 PM) *
Do you have a twin that cruises the deep, dark, drag strip oriented side of the interweb? lol

-Tim

No ... just one of me.

I like cruising the drag sites because drag racing is all about the wallet and a road racer can pick up some great parts for a few pennies on the dollar.

Welcome once again.
jensend
Hi Tim, I'm from Ocean County. Used to do a lot of autox events with the NNJR SCCA. DO OT events almost exclusively these days.

Went to the recent Vintage/SCCA event at NJMSP (it's an hour an 20 minute drive). The facility is far from being race ready. The dust issues are significant both interms of visibility and in terms of infiltration into the running gear. Many in the paddock couldn't open intakes/valve cover to do work for fear of dust accumulations. Some of the flaffing and safety work was less than exemplary. Saw a car hit the final brake marker cone going into Turn 5 (the technical section of T'bolt). After the group finished the worker climbed the armco and righted the cone (60 Ft. closer to the corner than its original position). The erroe was pointed out to them by another racer who happened to be spectating. He was told to "Shut up and Go to Hell!". The cone remained misplaced for the rest of the day (5 hours). Have no doubt that NJMSP will become a first rate track, but right now, there's some significant issues not yet being addressed.

Welcome aboard.
NJSPEEDER
A bunch of members of the club will actually be in Ocean County tomorrow. The NJFBOA monthly club meet is at the Circus Drive In in Brick.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I will likely spend next season as a spectator, getting some track time, and licensing up. 2010 I hope to be out on the track for a full season of wheel to wheel racing in something.
Teutonic Speedracer
I'm from NJ and have about 65+ track days before trying out NJMP. We went there back in August and I had a great time, but I wouldn't consider the track one of my favorites....other than it taking less than 2 hours to get there (most tracks I goto are 3-4.5 hours away or lik 9 for VIR). The track surface is awesome (like VIR....same owners), but like Dennis mentioned, it was dusty if you went off. That weekend (3 day event) was the end of my season (just back from honeymoon) and would be hi-lited by me turning it up a couple notches and riding on top of a F430 Scuderia.....I thought I was going to have to punt him.

Welcome!
NJSPEEDER
Thanks for the welcome.

I am hoping to start getting back out to the track. My favorite track is Road America. I have only done 2 track days, and they were years ago, but man was that a lot of fun.

Hopefully I will end my season next year with the track day(s) that we are trying to put together on NJFBOA.org at NJMP. Target is for fall, I will pass judgment after I drive it smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.