Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New guy here
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
TrakJunky
Just thought id say whats up.. My name is nick. I have a 2K1 WS6 M6.. Iplan on taking it out on occasional track days for fun.. Currently the car has hotchkis springs SFC's and a strut bar.. SLP lid and a Cat back exhaust.. Future plans are Koni's and sways..

One question.. i here about the PS pump over heating during a track event.. I looked up the RPO codes on my car and it says it has a PS cooler on it. Is the OEM cooler sufficient to keep the pump at a decent temp for track days? Also i plan on running a Diff cooler as well.. and maybe one of those instant sumps.. forgot what its called. Ive already got a good amount of info on here by lurking for a while.. But anyway on to the car pics!! lol enjoy! Ive had many people tell me why take such a car and mess it up on the track.. and i say.. i bought it to drive it.. and im not going to mess it up if i can help it! some people are HATERS!

Machine
Welcome. FWIW, I still use stock PS setup and fluid. It does whine after hot laps and runs over a little bit, but you can wipe it off. Some have said that switching to RedLine fluid helps, but I haven't done that. 94k on the car.

I run high speed autocross and HPDEs.
NJSPEEDER
Welcome. Sharp lookin car.
sgarnett
I can't answer your question. If your PS pump does get cooked, here's some options:

If you have any interest in autocross, your car would currently be in ESP from what you've described. An underdrive pully (PS only or everything) will reduce your PS temp and prolong the life of the pump and etc.

If you're positive you have no interest in autocross, the best way to go would be a Turn One pump. They are modified for high-RPM operation, which reduces the heat quite a bit. However, the Turn One pump is not legal in ESP. It would bump you to another class that you probably don't want to be in.
CMC #37
Lotsa nice 'Birds here! Welcome! 2thumbs.gif
TrakJunky
Thanks for the compliments.. yeah i may run a few auto-x's. i will have to read the rules as to what class i want to get in.. And whether itd be worth it.. But im really leaning on doing open track days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.