Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dead Speedo
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
cccbock
I went out to give the 93 TA M6 a spin tonight and found the speedo dead.

I noted that the cruise does not work either...Im guessing they are related.

Any pointers on diagnosing this appreciated.

Bock

PS-Im not complaining, the car has 213K on it and runs better than the 5 other ones I own.
trackbird
Check that the speedo connector is plugged in and not corroded. Might unplug it, clean it and try it. Or, verify nothing has pinched, chafed or chewed the wires (Chester da Mouse possibly?).

Start there.
cccbock
QUOTE (trackbird @ Oct 15 2008, 10:52 PM) *
Check that the speedo connector is plugged in and not corroded. Might unplug it, clean it and try it. Or, verify nothing has pinched, chafed or chewed the wires (Chester da Mouse possibly?).

Start there.

Your assessment was, as it often is, dead right. Some wiring repairs and it is fixed. Hope it holds another 213K blink.gif

Chester or Lester or whoever also had a nice warm nest made right on top of the motor. On an older model, the nest would have been on top of the carb. Shop vac removed that pretty cleanly, but I had to disconnect a bunch of stuff to get all the acorns out of their little hideaways.

Next the 87 GTA gets the run around the block treatment...however my son's 96 TA race car is parked behind it with a dead fuel pump. rant2.gif

Thanks for the pointers

Bock
trackbird
I get lucky on occasion, glad you got it fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.