Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look out Texas!!!
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
NJSPEEDER
Looks like I may be headed your way for work. Anyone live or play anywhere near Abilene? I really don't know where the town is other than a friend who lives in Dallas saying it takes him about 3 hours when he has to go there for work.

Anything I should be aware of before I get there?

-Tim
mitchntx
Work as in a few days or as in a transfer?

While Abeline isn't technically in BFE, they have the same zip code.

I'm about 2 hours east of Abeline, just before you fall off the edge of the earth.
NJSPEEDER
Just visiting, could be a few weeks, could be two months. Depends on how messed up things are when we get there.

If they told me to move to Texas, I would have to find a new job. Traveled all over this great nation of ours and still haven't found a better place to live than here in the northeast. NJ is the most convenient place on earth, great cities, beaches, lots of travel, philly cheese steaks and soft pretzels.......the list goes on and on. smile.gif

I will definitely be trying to get in touch with people while I am down there. No work on weekends and I already know what happens when I am left to my own devices while bored and with the fruits of an overtime check in my pocket. lol

-Tim
mitchntx
When's all this gonna happen?

December 6th is our annual NASA AI/CMC awards banquet, this year held in Waco. You are welcome to come along. Several of us who post here will be there.

The end of January, our racing season begins At MSR-Houston.
ledfoot2
It will be good to have another F-body in the region. I am in South Texas, but I will be making most of the 2009 races.
jeffburch
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Oct 27 2008, 07:34 AM) *
....While Abeline isn't technically in BFE.....

Technically, it's BFT 2thumbs.gif

jb
AllZWay
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Oct 29 2008, 04:10 PM) *
When's all this gonna happen?

December 6th is our annual NASA AI/CMC awards banquet, this year held in Waco. You are welcome to come along. Several of us who post here will be there.

The end of January, our racing season begins At MSR-Houston.

Like Mitch said... This could be a fun day.
POS Dodge
If you like Mexican food, Rosa's Tortilla Factory is great. Otherwise, Abilene ain't got much (sweet 1/8mi dragstrip though).
NJSPEEDER
Well, looks like I won't be headed to Texas or anywhere else with this company. They have stopped talking to us, shut down our part of the plant, and don't return phone calls.

-Tim
mitchntx
Ouch!
GlennCMC70
QUOTE (NJSPEEDER @ Nov 5 2008, 03:23 PM) *
Well, looks like I won't be headed to Texas or anywhere else with this company. They have stopped talking to us, shut down our part of the plant, and don't return phone calls.

-Tim

that didnt take Obama long...... blink.gif
roadracetransam
QUOTE (GlennCMC70 @ Nov 5 2008, 04:19 PM) *
QUOTE (NJSPEEDER @ Nov 5 2008, 03:23 PM) *

-Tim

that didnt take Obama long...... blink.gif

If the economy improves any, which it is bound to at this point, I am sure he will take credit for it.

The way the house and the senate looks, he can pretty much do as he pleases. blink.gif

I got to move to a state where my vote will actually make a difference.... banghead.gif
NJSPEEDER
This election was just proof, once again, of why the electoral system is outdated and needs to be trash canned. All anyone has to do is win the population centers and then it doesn't matter how the rest of the nation votes.

-Tim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.