Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Hotpart LCA design poly/Extreme joint design
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Advertiser Sales & Group Purchases
trackbird
http://www.hotpart.com:80/shop/index.php?l...detail&p=85

These new arms from Hotpart.com use a poly ball bushing in one end and their Extreme joint bushing design in the other to avoid the binding problems associated with poly/poly (not the poly ball/poly ball) designs.

MSRP: $196.52 plus freight.

Sale price: $159.99 shipped (48 states of the US).

CMC #37
That looks like a cool product! I'd like to put these on my street TA. The Global West heim joints are a bit noisy for that app., racing I don't care.
trackbird
QUOTE (CMC #37 @ Dec 13 2008, 01:54 PM) *
That looks like a cool product! I'd like to put these on my street TA. The Global West heim joints are a bit noisy for that app., racing I don't care.

I just added pricing while you were posting. Let me know if you need a set Jules.
trackbird
I'm going to bring this back up at this same price for anyone who wants a set of LCA's for street use or on a dual purpose car.
roy
Excuse me, but looking at that polyball design, I am trying to understand what benefit that is suspose to give over a standard Poly bushing.
trackbird
The outer "cups" are a softer rubber material and not poly. So the poly ball can allow some rotation of the joint and the softer cups help keep grease in and dirt out. It's not all the same durometer (otherwise it would act like a solid block of poly).
roy
Okay.
93zder
What kind of stiffness would these offer compared to a rod ended version?
trackbird
QUOTE (93zder @ Sep 3 2009, 03:07 PM) *
What kind of stiffness would these offer compared to a rod ended version?

They will feel more like a poly/rod combo (or just a touch "softer"). The poly ball will still reduce/absorb much of the vibration before it reaches the chassis of the vehicle.
KCC455
I bought a set of these from Trackbird a few months ago and I really like them. They are a solid piece and fit my needs perfectly. I did not want the NVH issues with rod ends as my car is frequently street driven with the wife and kids. But I occassionally drag race and frequently autocross. I wanted something better than the normal poly/poly bushing which is what I replaced. I have had no noise, NVH issues and they allow much better movement for autocross. My $0.02 worth is that these are high quality LCA's that work very well for street driven vehicles. The sale price is darn good as well.
Beach Cruiser
QUOTE (KCC455 @ Sep 4 2009, 08:24 PM) *
I bought a set of these from Trackbird a few months ago and I really like them. They are a solid piece and fit my needs perfectly. I did not want the NVH issues with rod ends as my car is frequently street driven with the wife and kids. But I occassionally drag race and frequently autocross. I wanted something better than the normal poly/poly bushing which is what I replaced. I have had no noise, NVH issues and they allow much better movement for autocross. My $0.02 worth is that these are high quality LCA's that work very well for street driven vehicles. The sale price is darn good as well.

Do these fit into the ESP SCCA Rules? If so, I'm interested
trackbird
QUOTE (Beach Cruiser @ Sep 8 2009, 03:09 PM) *
QUOTE (KCC455 @ Sep 4 2009, 08:24 PM) *

I'm going to say "no". I'm fairly sure the rule about changing the metallic content of the bushing is going to make these illegal (unless there has been a rule change I've not seen).
roostmeyer
QUOTE (trackbird @ Sep 8 2009, 02:27 PM) *
QUOTE (Beach Cruiser @ Sep 8 2009, 03:09 PM) *

I'm going to say "no". I'm fairly sure the rule about changing the metallic content of the bushing is going to make these illegal (unless there has been a rule change I've not seen).

It may be up to interpretation, but IMO its also changing the type of bushing.
sgarnett
Kevin is correct. The stock bushings depend on compliance for any off-axis rotation. Even if the metallic content meets the rules, you can't use a ball bushing.

The LCAs are also illegal, even if they have legal bushings.
1meanZ
I also just installed a set of these and so far I love them.
CMC #37
QUOTE (1meanZ @ Sep 18 2009, 12:10 PM) *

Good news! What kind of driving have you done with them..how many miles on them so far?
KCC455
QUOTE (CMC #37 @ Sep 18 2009, 06:20 PM) *

Good news! What kind of driving have you done with them..how many miles on them so far?

Hello,

I have about 3,000 street miles on them, 8 Solo II events and 1 drag race event. No noise at all and I am very happy so far with them.
1meanZ
QUOTE (CMC #37 @ Sep 18 2009, 02:20 PM) *

I've put about 60 miles on them and I love them so far! LOL... I'll be attending an open track day in early October, I'll report after that. So far no noise, harshness, or slop. They appear to be absolute top quality like everything else I've bought from J&M. I bought them because my 383 and stock control arms got into an argument. Needless to say the 383 won. See here http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?showtopic=13451
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.