Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone with custom hitch for their Camaro?
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
Max
Did a search and not successful in finding much.
cccbock
QUOTE (Max @ Jan 14 2009, 09:34 PM) *
Did a search and not successful in finding much.

Not totally sure what you are asking but look here:

http://www.draw-tite.com/fitguides/hitchse...mp;partno=24586

bock
01badz28
I've run the Hidden Hitch for a couple of years and no complaints:

http://www.etrailer.com/pc-H~60889.htm?vehicleid=2001201584

It looks a little different than mine. Also, it is not 'hidden,' although it doesn't stand out that much.
Major_Lee_Slow
If you need one, I've got a hidden hitch for the 4th gen F-Bodies sitting in my basement collecting dust. I could sell it at the right price. It has all the hardware and I also have the correct bar mount and ball to mate to a small tire trailer. If your interested, I can email you pics.

Edit: My hitch is a Draw Tite. That out to tell you how long it's been since I looked at it! tongue.gif
rushman
QUOTE (Major_Lee_Slow @ Jan 15 2009, 06:51 PM) *
If you need one, I've got a hidden hitch for the 4th gen F-Bodies sitting in my basement collecting dust. I could sell it at the right price. It has all the hardware and I also have the correct bar mount and ball to mate to a small tire trailer. If your interested, I can email you pics.

Edit: My hitch is a Draw Tite. That out to tell you how long it's been since I looked at it! tongue.gif

I wish mine had the square bar and not the stupid flat one (I want more rise in mine, no one carries the flat ones)
sgarnett
The hidden hitch tucks up closer to the body, but uses a non-standard drawbar. The Drawtite hangs lower, but uses a stanard class I drawbar. Neither is hidden on a Camaro, but the HH is closer. I think it is actually hidden on a Firebird. HH used to list separate part numbers for the Camaro and Firebird. I don't know what the difference is, or whether they still list both.

HH and Drawtite use the same mounting holes. Some exhaust systems such as Magnaflow also use those holes for hangers that may interfere with hitch. I had to do a little fabrication to get them to coexist.
Major_Lee_Slow
QUOTE (rushman @ Jan 15 2009, 06:44 PM) *
QUOTE (Major_Lee_Slow @ Jan 15 2009, 06:51 PM) *

I wish mine had the square bar and not the stupid flat one (I want more rise in mine, no one carries the flat ones)

Well if Max doesn't buy it you are more then welcome, pics are up on my websites: MLS Motor Racing Gallery
robz71lm7
QUOTE (sgarnett @ Jan 15 2009, 08:13 PM) *
The hidden hitch tucks up closer to the body, but uses a non-standard drawbar. The Drawtite hangs lower, but uses a stanard class I drawbar. Neither is hidden on a Camaro, but the HH is closer. I think it is actually hidden on a Firebird. HH used to list separate part numbers for the Camaro and Firebird. I don't know what the difference is, or whether they still list both.

HH and Drawtite use the same mounting holes. Some exhaust systems such as Magnaflow also use those holes for hangers that may interfere with hitch. I had to do a little fabrication to get them to coexist.

I've toyed with cutting the tongue off of my HH and welding on some steel tubing so it will take a standard drawbar. At the same time one could fit it to the car and have the hitch actually hidden.
Major_Lee_Slow
My Draw Tite Hitch, draw bar and ball are back on the market. Just make me an offer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.