Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't search on 3 letter words...
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
z28bryan
Is it possible to set up frrax to allow 3 letter word searches? For example, say I wanted to do a search on "SLP" or "QA1". I can't do it and it's pretty frustrating because you guys have some of the best advice around. I'd have to go browsing on other similar keywords.
trackbird
I thought I had set that to allow 3 letter searches. Let me see if I get time to check it out tonight.
TwistedFocus
QUOTE (trackbird @ Feb 12 2009, 06:42 PM) *
I thought I had set that to allow 3 letter searches. Let me see if I get time to check it out tonight.

If that doesn't work you can usually get around it by adding a * after the search term or before and after.
trackbird
It is set for 2 letter words as a minimum. It should work... Hmm.
z28bryan
Yeah the * helps out. I tested it on "*slp*" it would return results and bold "slp" in red in the threads. When I search solely on "slp" though it gives me no results.

I know sometimes phpbb didn't want to cooperate with me when setting certain things.
trackbird
QUOTE (z28bryan @ Feb 13 2009, 01:27 PM) *
I know sometimes phpbb didn't want to cooperate with me when setting certain things.

Well, I'm looking into converting this board to a new server and new software in the next few months or so. If I don't get it fixed before then, I hope to get it updated, upgraded and sorted out then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.