Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock Z28 market questions.
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
ESPCamaro
I've looked around a little on LS1tech today and can't really find much in the way of regular Z28's. I would prefer an LS1 car, but would be interested in LT1 car for the right price/miles. I've been out of the game long enough I don't really know what a good condition LS1 Z28 sells for.
I assume stock LT1 cars are hard to come by?

When I had my car it was an LT1 for those that don't remember.
So I don't know much about the LS1 cars. Which are the better cars to start with? Are they all pretty much the same?

Just a little wishful thinking at this point. I'll know more next week.....
ESPCamaro
a search on e-bay just helps me confirm why I don't like e-bay.....

It's even downright expensive to sell things there now....And to buy? sheesh
Plus not many M6 cars.
BigEnos
Machine has a nice 2002 for sale on here. It's an SS, though, but it's also a hardtop M6.
01badz28
I'd probably stick with an '01 or an '02. Newer, plus they come with the LS6 intake stock. '01 and '02s got a slightly different cam that has a little more emphasis in low end torque which is nice on the street. Aside from that, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 98 - 00 car if it was in good shape.
00Hawk95
I found my TA on http://www.autotrader.com. M6 cars were fairly difficult to find. I paid $11k for a bone stock, low miles, excellent condition 98 TA w/ M6 back in December '07. At the time is was a good deal, but current prices seem to be 2-3k less for similar cars.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your search.
98_1LE
01-02 have better intake and no EGR (bonus)
98, 01-02 have the larger injectors
late 00-02 have the best heads (241)
The 00+ manifolds/cats flow pretty darn good up to 380rwhp or so.
99+ have Torsen diffs, 98 has an Auburn, all are junk by now.

When I was looking, I was leaning hard towards an 01-02. This is especially true if you aren't going to mod it to the hilt.

FWIW the stock clean unmolested cars command a premium. I sold my green 98 (should still be in for sale section) for $6k. It was stock with 117k miles and minor hail damage. This is what it dyno'd with a heavy set of wheels and tires (otherwise stock down to the lid)

For reference, this is what my '01 T/A dyno'd stock, rolling over 1,800 miles on the dyno.

Not a big difference, but a difference.
ESPCamaro
This may sound like a dumb question but how do the LS1 cars maintain strength?

Are most high mileage cars pretty weak by new/stock comparison?

I'm thinking ESP car here.
Ran it by the wife tonight and she was strangely cool with it.
pknowles
I would go with an 01 or 02 for the reasons already mentioned. The 98 has some one off parts engine parts like PCM, wiring harness, etc. Not a huge deal, but I would stay away from them if you have the choice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.