Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where are you getting Genuine GM Parts deals these days
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
rmackintosh
It has been a while for me, and I don't think Dal is still around...... blink.gif
trackbird
Search for Team Chevrolet here. PM me if you don't find it.
Shortcutsleeping
Like the normal 8 digit gm part? I have a local dealer that has a parts guy who has a nice 3rd gen and I go in the 1LE and I get wholesale less whatever % he can do. He always beats gmpartsdirect and such. For ACDelco, I shop around but rockauto is my current favorite if I don't have to have it today.

Costas
cars and such...
z28jeff
+1 on rockauto. Also, thepartsladi on Ebay is pretty popular these days. I know they have the best deal going on Delphi Optisparks, but they sell alot of other o.e. stuff too.
JustinID
QUOTE (Shortcutsleeping @ Mar 19 2009, 06:08 PM) *
Like the normal 8 digit gm part? I have a local dealer that has a parts guy who has a nice 3rd gen and I go in the 1LE and I get wholesale less whatever % he can do. He always beats gmpartsdirect and such. For ACDelco, I shop around but rockauto is my current favorite if I don't have to have it today.

Costas
cars and such...

You should let your buddy know that there is a market opportunity right now with Dal being gone. There are a lot of folks still buying these parts and a good reliable source stands to seriously benefit. Of course, anyone hoping to fill the Dal gap has some mighty big shoes to fill.
StanIROCZ
QUOTE (Shortcutsleeping @ Mar 19 2009, 08:08 PM) *
I have a local dealer that has a parts guy who has a nice 3rd gen and I go in the 1LE and I get wholesale less whatever % he can do.
Costas
cars and such...

Nicely done!

Its been about a year since I've gone here, but Team Chevrolet has the best prices that I've found 800-658-4017
JKnight
So I've checked around and haven't been able to find a good source for an Aluminum (1LE I believe) driveshaft for a '96 Camaro. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Jason
mitchntx
All driveshafts from a 98-02 are aluminum and will work in your 96
robz71lm7
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Mar 20 2009, 10:07 PM) *

http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?sho...teel+driveshaft
CrashTestDummy
QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Mar 19 2009, 04:59 PM) *
It has been a while for me, and I don't think Dal is still around...... blink.gif

Dal retired to take care of his ailing wife a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, his wife passed away. Hopefully, Dal is enjoying retirement anyway.
mitchntx
QUOTE (robz71lm7 @ Mar 21 2009, 07:38 AM) *
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Mar 20 2009, 10:07 PM) *

http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?sho...teel+driveshaft

2.73 geared A4s don't count ... kinda like a V6 car. blink.gif
JKnight
QUOTE (JKnight @ Mar 20 2009, 06:30 PM) *
So I've checked around and haven't been able to find a good source for an Aluminum (1LE I believe) driveshaft for a '96 Camaro. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Jason

A friend pointed me to Coast Driveline and Gears in Ventura:

http://www.coastdriveline.com/

They do pickups at some local shops in SB, one of which I use for tire mounting, so dropped off the driveshaft and wheels / tires Thursday AM. They picked it up, got a call at 3 that it was done, picked everything up today. They put a new shaft and yokes on it for $250. We'll see how it all works at Buttonwillow next weekend.

Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.