Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Glen lapping
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
RVachon
Does anyone know if there's ever "lapping days" at the Glen? If so, is there an organization that does it, if so, any web link?

Even though I'm in Canada, Glen isn't too far from me (approx. 3 hrs) and it would be nice to turn some laps on the legendary track.
C3SS
QUOTE (RVachon @ Apr 24 2009, 02:12 PM) *
Does anyone know if there's ever "lapping days" at the Glen? If so, is there an organization that does it, if so, any web link?

Even though I'm in Canada, Glen isn't too far from me (approx. 3 hrs) and it would be nice to turn some laps on the legendary track.

Looks like there are: http://www.scda1.com/watkins-glen/

Full points to you for seeking lapping events outside of your home country! 2thumbs.gif
souseless
I've been there with this group
https://www.trackmasters.com/Page.asp?Script=1
jensend
If you qualify for the open track group, trackmasters offers up to 5 hours of track time per day. Great group to run with. I've done events with them since 1998.
mustbnutz
I have been there with SCDA, Chin Motorsports, and Kojote. All HPDE style events.
Kojote is by far the most relaxed group as track is green all day for everyone, so no rushing to get in your assigned session. Provides all the time you can put in. Chin runs a good event as well, more structured, but they usualy open up the run groups in the afternoons so you get in lots of track time. SCDA was pretty strict in structure and track time was not satisfactory to me. Chin is at WGI in mid May and usually has an Oct date as well. Kojote is there late July this year, I'm going to that event.
RVachon
This is great. Thanks for the links fellas. 2thumbs.gif
Happy_Dan
QUOTE (RVachon @ Apr 25 2009, 12:54 AM) *
This is great. Thanks for the links fellas. 2thumbs.gif

I have been there a few times with SCDA, they are a great family and well run events. Also, PDA, the BMW club and the Porsche club have events there.

It is by far the most fun track I have been on here on the East Coast. I have been there with a Camaro and also a Z06.
SCDA is the group I enjoy the most only because a lot of my friends go there.

If you want to go to the SCDA one, email me at abbene@gmail.com and I will refer you (gets you $50.00) certificate to another event and I will introduce you to a group of friends that are going. I only wish I was going too.!
Doug Phillips

On my to do list one day. I have watched the vintage racing there and would love to drive that track.
RVachon
QUOTE (Doug Phillips @ Apr 26 2009, 02:34 PM) *

On my to do list one day. I have watched the vintage racing there and would love to drive that track.
Maybe we can get a 2 car hauler and go together..split the fuel cost. 2thumbs.gif
Happy_Dan
QUOTE (RVachon @ Apr 26 2009, 04:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Doug Phillips @ Apr 26 2009, 02:34 PM) *

Maybe we can get a 2 car hauler and go together..split the fuel cost. 2thumbs.gif

I would highly suggest you try to get there at least once. It is an experience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.