Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Product: Thermostatic Oil Cooler Adapters for LSX
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Advertiser Sales & Group Purchases
ImprovedRacing
We are now officially a dealer for MOCAL and we have a great little product from them in stock: an oil cooler adapter block for LS-series engines with a built-in thermostat.

The great thing about these adapters is that you don't need to run an external thermostat. This means you not only save some cash and need fewer lines and fittings, but your engine will receive oil quicker during startup since the oil cooler is bypassed directly at the block. If you plan on installing an oil cooler this is a must-have.

Price is $149.50 plus shipping. For more information or to place an order visit http://www.improvedracing.com/product_info...?products_id=33
ImprovedRacing
Installed photos:

00 SS
Looks like a cool product. It looks like it might make filter removal difficult particularly once lines are installed. Can you comment on how it effects access to the filter?
Eskimo
I always pull my filters with one of those end-wrenches, this doesn't seem like it would affect access at all, especially if the bottom line uses a tubular 90* fitting on it.
00 SS
Yeah, the end wrench would still work well, I was picturing a strap wrench the concern came to mind.
ImprovedRacing
I haven't connected lines to it, but just from looking at it, I don't feel it would interfere with filter access much at all, especially if you use a 90* fitting as mentioned above.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.