Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trackbrackets special
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Advertiser Sales & Group Purchases
trackbird
If you've wanted to do the trackbrackets C5 or C6 conversion, this is the lowest price we've ever offered on these. If you think you might buy a 4th gen in the future, you might want to put a set on the shelf for a rainy day.

Trackbrackets C5/C6 (C6 Z51 and C6 Z06) conversion brackets with bolts (you'll still need the calipers, PAB's, pads, etc. Feel free to ask questions if the sticky doesn't answer them for you).

$130 shipped in the 48 states. If you buy 2 sets, I'll knock that down to $120 a set (and no paypal fees on either price).

Thanks!!!
JimMueller
This special still going on? I just called LGM and they want $299 for the version which doesn't require cutting the ear off the spindle. What do you use to cut the ear off and how do you prevent stress risers due to the cut (their concern)?
QUASAR
QUOTE (JimMueller @ Aug 20 2010, 03:12 PM) *
This special still going on? I just called LGM and they want $299 for the version which doesn't require cutting the ear off the spindle. What do you use to cut the ear off and how do you prevent stress risers due to the cut (their concern)?

Stress risers? lol. I would worry about stress risers if you were cutting into the part, but you are just cutting off a mounting boss that sticks out. Its that simple. I used a 3" air cutoff wheel. I run the trackbrackets on my street car and race car and never one problem.
trackbird
The price is still valid (sorry I didn't see this until now, I've been remodeling a bathroom this weekend).

And, as already stated, a cutoff wheel seems to work the best for cutting the spindle.
trackbird
This sale is still running!
sgarnett
My approach to avoiding stress risers was a smooth cut smile.gif

I marked my cut line, used a cutoff wheel to start it at the right angle (since a saw blade will just walk if it isn't close to perpendicular), then switched to a Sawzall with oil to complete the cut a lot faster (consuming one fresh blade per side). I used an angle grinder to smooth and deburr the cut.

I may have followed that up by hammering the cut surface with a ball peen hammer, but I'm not positive.
trackbird
This price is still current. Just in case anybody was still looking.
GlennCMC70
Kevin, I think I need a set of these for my CMC car. I'm gonna see if I can make a set of C6 calipers work in CMC2.
trackbird
QUOTE (GlennCMC70 @ Jan 22 2011, 02:57 PM) *
Kevin, I think I need a set of these for my CMC car. I'm gonna see if I can make a set of C6 calipers work in CMC2.

Just say the word and I can get you fixed up. 2thumbs.gif
Spruill242
Hey Kevin I know I'm a little slow on the up take on this one. Any chance this is still being offered?
trackbird
QUOTE (Spruill242 @ Mar 24 2011, 12:18 PM) *
Hey Kevin I know I'm a little slow on the up take on this one. Any chance this is still being offered?

Yup. It's still current, at least until the supply runs out. smile.gif I'd be glad to order you a set, just PM me when you're ready and we'll get you fixed up.
trackbird
QUOTE (trackbird @ Mar 24 2011, 12:30 PM) *
QUOTE (Spruill242 @ Mar 24 2011, 12:18 PM) *

Yup. It's still current, at least until the supply runs out. smile.gif I'd be glad to order you a set, just PM me when you're ready and we'll get you fixed up.

This sale is still running.

I have had some questions, so I bumped the post.
matt f
Does this kit work the same on an lt1 4th gen as an ls1? I have them on my 99, looking to do a 93...
Blainefab
QUOTE (matt f @ Sep 29 2011, 09:15 AM) *
Does this kit work the same on an lt1 4th gen as an ls1? I have them on my 99, looking to do a 93...

More trimming of the knuckle on the early cars, but yes, once the ears are cut off the Trackbrackets bolt on the same as on the late cars.

4.5" angle grinder with a cutoff wheel, or a Sawzall with a tungsten carbide blade, and cleanup with a flap disc, will do the job.
trackbird
Thanks Alan.

And sadly, the sale has ended and wholesale has gone back to "normal". I'll have to check for the current price (or Alan can get you a set as well).
matt f
please let me know.
trackbird
QUOTE (matt f @ Oct 3 2011, 09:04 AM) *
please let me know.

Will do. I'll try to pull the pricing tonight.
trackbird
I can do $165 shipped on them with the price increase.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.