Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group Purchase on ContourHD camera systems
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Advertiser Sales & Group Purchases
Blainefab
Group Purchase on ContourHD and ContourHD-1080P cameras, bundled systems and accessories.

Product descriptions here: http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merc..._Code=ContourHD

The bundled packages include a 1/4-20 adapter for use on a standard tripod mount.

Also included in the GP pricing are the camera mounts on this page:
http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merc...ategory_Code=CM
The CM-4 and CM-7 are ideal rollbar mounts for the ContourHD camera

total up the retail prices from the IOPort, take 12% off for GP price. Note there are 2 pages of products and accessories - all are included in the GP pricing.

The 720P camera has been discontinued, and replaced with the 1080P camera, at a $50 retail added cost. My distributor has 3 of the 720P left in stock - first come first served on the 720P, no backorders.

email me with your shipping ZIP code, I will calculate shipping cost and sales tax (for shipments to CA addresses), and send you a PayPal invoice for payment with a credit or debit card.

I'll leave this GP open for 2 weeks (Nov 15-29), then place the order with my distributor on Nov 30, and ship to buyers on Mon Dec 6

Good time to stock up on misc stuff for next season and save a bit on consolidated shipping, I have this stuff in stock: ARP studs, Dorman lugnuts, reinforced swaybay brackets, Delrin shift knobs, wheel spacers, lift eyes. I'll discount these items 5% from regular prices when ordered with a Contour HD camera.
mitchntx
Alan, I cross posted this over on our regional website.

Can I have folks just contact you directly about getting in on this?
Blainefab
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Nov 15 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Alan, I cross posted this over on our regional website.

Can I have folks just contact you directly about getting in on this?

Thanks, Mitch - yes, anyone can participate. I'll need email to invoice anyway, so best for folks to email me directly at ablaine (at) cruzio (dot) com

Or, PM me or call 831 427-3296 eves PST and we can figure something out, like taking delivery at the 25hr of Thunderhill, local pickup, etc
StanIROCZ
QUOTE (Blainefab @ Nov 15 2010, 05:11 PM) *
The 720P camera has been discontinued, and replaced with the 1080P camera, at a $50 retail added cost. My distributor has 3 of the 720P left in stock - first come first served on the 720P, no backorders.

Is 1080P worth $50 extra? From what I've been told, you can't see the difference unless you are using a 32" or larger TV. I have no plans to watch this on a TV that large since I don't even own one that big!
mitchntx
QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Nov 16 2010, 06:43 PM) *

Is 1080P worth $50 extra? From what I've been told, you can't see the difference unless you are using a 32" or larger TV. I have no plans to watch this on a TV that large since I don't even own one that big!

Today.
Blainefab
QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Nov 16 2010, 04:43 PM) *

My distributor sez the video quality is not a large difference from the 720 (the demo vid is 720) to the 1080 - if you'll never watch on anything but a computer monitor than save the $50, go for the 720. If you want the latest and greatest and use a big screen TV on your vids, then the +$50 (minus 12%) on the 1080 is a good value. I believe the 1080 adds some user features, too.
mitchntx
Where does this GP stand?
StanIROCZ
Sounds like a good deal on a good product but I'm most likely out because we'll be putting the money towards other things. Thanks and sorry, Alan.
Blainefab
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Nov 23 2010, 05:41 PM) *
Where does this GP stand?

Well, if you order one and I order one, and then somebody else orders one, we'll be up to 3...

The good news is the 12% off pricing stands, till Nov 29, no matter how many orders there are.

Also good is the 5% off deal for these items, when ordered with a camera by Nov 29:
ARP studs, Dorman lugnuts, reinforced swaybay brackets, Delrin shift knobs, wheel spacers, lift eyes.
mitchntx
LOL ...

On the IOP site they posted a raw file of a lap at Sears Point (sorry, old school here) and I couldn't get my Adobe editing program to recognize it.

I hope to do more research this weekend.
Blainefab
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Nov 24 2010, 04:56 AM) *
On the IOP site they posted a raw file of a lap at Sears Point (sorry, old school here) and I couldn't get my Adobe editing program to recognize it.

It uses a utility called Easy Edit, free download here: http://contour.com/software/easy_edit Try it on the raw file and let us know how it works.
FBody383
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Nov 24 2010, 06:56 AM) *

I sucked into Vega Pro without a hiccough; i'm guess it's a H.264 MOV like the Aiptek.
matt f
I just saw this. Can you piggy back my order onto the GP?
Blainefab
QUOTE (matt f @ Dec 1 2010, 04:58 AM) *
I just saw this. Can you piggy back my order onto the GP?

I've got about an hour before my disti heads to the track with my GP order, let me know what you want right away and I'll see if it can be squeezed in.
Doug Phillips
I picked up a regular GoPro for $50 so I have time to decide now.

Still considering the Contour GPS unit. T

Has anyone used it or have video posted?
Doug Phillips
I picked up a regular GoPro for $50 so I have time to decide now.

Still considering the Contour GPS unit. There just announce a bluetoth interface for the iPhone.

Has anyone used the GPS or have video posted?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.