Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspension question guys, from poly to roto joints....
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
FASTFATBOY
I am getting closer to my event this weekend, I have ordered all UMI roto joints for the rear. Along with lca relocation brackets.

The car has Spohn poly stuff back there now.....

The car has
Koni SA on rear, da on front.
Strano springs
1 le front bar, stock rear bar
Poly swaybar end links
275-40 all around.

I read where a guy did what I am about to do and it caused a push, car feels ok now but I'm a greenhorn.

The lcas in the rear are running downhill pretty bad.

Am I about to mess up?

Edit, opinions on initial shock settings for street tires ? All of them are set full soft as of now.y
CrashTestDummy
I would think that with the LCAs pointing downward toward the front would cause the car to understeer. _Weld_ the LCA relocation brackets on, and set the LCAs to level, and the car should handle more neutrally.
sgarnett
The poly bushings act sort of like running a stiffer rear sway bar. The Rotos will move more freely than the poly, which is sort of like switching to a softer bar. So yeah, they could shift the handling toward understeer, I guess. The same could be said of switching from poly to rod ends.

However, binding bushings really aren't a very good way to adjust the handling. I'd say install the Rotos and try it. If you need to pick up a little rear stiffness to balance it again, swap in a stiffer bar.
FASTFATBOY
Car feels better, a lot less twitchy. Feels more planted in the rear.

Opinions on initial shock settings?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.