Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ferado DS 2500 C6 pads
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
FASTFATBOY
Anyone run these?

I putting Kore3 C6 brakes on the car with Blaine spindle ducts , it will have Hawk HP+ on the rear.

I already bought the pads from a buddy.

Use them or step up to a Raybestos St 43/42 , XP 10/8 setup?

Please give feedback, going to Barber again at the end of the month.

Car is full weight, 330 ish to the wheels and a clown behind the wheel.
FASTFATBOY
Anyone? Bueller?
Blainefab
No experience with the Ferodo, but I've used Raybestos ST41F/ST42R combo on street/track cars, they work fine on track and don't tear up the rotors cold.
FASTFATBOY
Anyone else?

What are you guys running combo wise with a c6 front setup?
trackbird
I ran the DS2500's on a set of Wilwoods I had on my 4th gen. I really liked those pads for street and autocross use. I prefer Carbotech for extreme use, but the Ferodo's work well and are quiet and reasonably low dust. I like the Ferodo's better than a Hawk HP+ and find them to have good feedback.
FASTFATBOY
So not a good HPDE pad......may order some dtc30 for the front and leave the HP+ on the rear.
trackbird
I think you can run them for an HPDE on street tires. You just have to be mindful of the brakes. I ran HP+ at Nashville super speedway (as I said in the other thread) and had no fade issues and no brake ducts. Apparently I'm not too hard on brakes. Driving style has a lot to do with how a pad works/holds up for your use.
FASTFATBOY
QUOTE (trackbird @ May 11 2011, 06:20 PM) *
I think you can run them for an HPDE on street tires. You just have to be mindful of the brakes. I ran HP+ at Nashville super speedway (as I said in the other thread) and had no fade issues and no brake ducts. Apparently I'm not too hard on brakes. Driving style has a lot to do with how a pad works/holds up for your use.

Well we already know how hard I am on brakes lol! BUT this time at Barber I will Blaine ducts on the car(hope he is able to get them to me) and be more comfy on track and concentrate more on entry speed and lay off the brakes.
JimMueller
My car's a daily driver with the Trackbracket C6 conversion. I have DTC-30's on the front and HPS's in the rear. Not sure if HP+ will be too much in the rear. I have SS pistons and Ti heat shims waiting to be installed with the next DTC-30's. I installed the DTC-30's back in November I think, and the pads are nearing required replacement. I swapped the rotors out with a significant outer lip in, hmm, February or March. That's 1000mi per month, and just 2-3 ~7 minute sessions at a small test track the day after I swapped rotors. To use someone else's analogy, the DTC-30's dust like you drive through a coal mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.