Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: want to buy/rent : 17x10 or 17x11 wheels for fourth gen
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
CamaroFS34
I know Randy has some sets available, but I am not sure how much shipping from California would be. Anyone have something closer to Maryland?

In terms of "rental," I'm half thinking of taking the car to the Toledo Tour at the beginning of July. I haven't committed to anything though.
fast ken
QUOTE (CamaroFS34 @ May 24 2011, 06:06 AM) *
I know Randy has some sets available, but I am not sure how much shipping from California would be. Anyone have something closer to Maryland?

In terms of "rental," I'm half thinking of taking the car to the Toledo Tour at the beginning of July. I haven't committed to anything though.

If you are interested in purchasing I have a set of 4 CCW 17 x 10.5 wheels for the Camaro with BFG R1's. The wheels are 44mm offset and in excellent condition (although visually well used) for $1200 plus shipping. Tires have 50% tread.

KEN
patred
QUOTE (CamaroFS34 @ May 24 2011, 09:06 AM) *

You can rent mine since I'm not going to Toledo. Well, if you only want to use three. rotf.gif

There are a ton of auctions on eBay selling single 17X11 wheels such as this one that actually shows they have several available. You could get a set of $600 wheels (before shipping).

Or talk to Kenny about using his.

Pat
Jeff94TA
QUOTE (CamaroFS34 @ May 24 2011, 09:06 AM) *

I'm closer to you than California but I'm not sure shipping would really be that different. I have a set of the OE Wheels Silver ZR1 replicas in 17x11 with a 50mm offset just like the ones Pat posted a link to. I've been thinking about selling them and functionally they're in good shape without any tires on them at the moment. They are dirty and the finish is scratched around the lugs but they will clean up. I cleaned one of them so far and it came out good but required a heavy scrubbing and rubbing compound before it looked good again. I would let them go as is for $400 plus actual cost ofshipping. If you're interested I can snap some pics.

Jeff
charchri4
I'd like to see some pics Jeff.
Jeff94TA
QUOTE (charchri4 @ May 30 2011, 08:47 AM) *

OK, I'll take some today.
John_D.
Here's a place that sells a set for $450. It's a mixed set 9.5/11 but in the past they would put together a set of four 11's if you asked.

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-for-Cama...a-p6901699.html
Jeff94TA
QUOTE (charchri4 @ May 30 2011, 08:47 AM) *

Sorry for the delay but here is a typical dirty one and the one that I have cleaned up.

charchri4
Thanks Jeff. I'm interested. How much to ship to zip 56131? Also what did you run for shims to tuck them into your car? I'm running the same suspension as you are on a 95 Camaro. I think you wheel wells are a little bigger so I am concerned about clearance.
Jeff94TA
QUOTE (charchri4 @ Jun 2 2011, 10:44 AM) *
How much to ship to zip 56131?

These are coming from Orlando, 32806 zip code. I can have them picked up at work using UPS ground and plugging in a box size of 20"x20"x14", which allows for 1" of packing material all sides, it's $41.14 per wheel to a residential address or $37.24 per wheel to a commercial address. A little pricier than I was thinking but FedEx ground was more. You would probably need to give me a couple of days to try and source some boxes.

QUOTE (charchri4 @ Jun 2 2011, 10:44 AM) *
Also what did you run for shims to tuck them into your car?

I need to measure them as it has been a while but I think it's 5/16" on the front and 7/32" on the rear. The car is in the air right now so I can measure them easily and I'll get back to you with what I find.
charchri4
Thanks Jeff. If we do this would it be OK if I sent you shipping labels for FedEx and you can just drop them at any fedex drop? Ideally they would be packaged 2 per box. My guess is that would be something like 21x21x28 if you put the wheels face to face and weigh about 50 lbs. Sound close?

BTW I am still toying with the idea of going new from the link above because I would prefer chrome but we'll see how that shakes out. You mentioned your wheels are OE is that the same brand as the OE Wheels mentioned in the link?

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-for-Cama...901717-2-1.html
Jeff94TA
QUOTE (charchri4 @ Jun 3 2011, 02:49 PM) *
Thanks Jeff. If we do this would it be OK if I sent you shipping labels for FedEx and you can just drop them at any fedex drop? Ideally they would be packaged 2 per box. My guess is that would be something like 21x21x28 if you put the wheels face to face and weigh about 50 lbs. Sound close?

The packaging size sounds good but according to my bathroom scale these weigh about 28 lbs. each so it's more like 56 lbs. plus packaging.

QUOTE (charchri4 @ Jun 3 2011, 02:49 PM) *

Yes, these are the same wheels and a local friend has the chrome ones. They look very nice and if that's what you truly want then I would go for that. I've bought two sets of wheels from them and they are good to deal with. No hard feelings if that's what you decide.
charchri4
Yeah I have chrome 17x9 wheels from a 2000 ss on my car now and really like how they shine. I have done a ton of research on this and it looks like it would make more sense to go with 18x10.5 wheels because there is a lot more normal street tires available for that size the 17x11. Given the little difference in wheel price I think that is what I am going to do. I sure appreciate your time and encouragement Jeff.

Jeff94TA
QUOTE (charchri4 @ Jun 4 2011, 11:12 AM) *
I have done a ton of research on this and it looks like it would make more sense to go with 18x10.5 wheels because there is a lot more normal street tires available for that size the 17x11.

I'm currently running a set of their 18x10.5's so that's why mine are available. I can pick up used R6's in the 18's way easier than the 17's these days so I can relate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.