Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4th gen UCA drop spacers
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Advertiser Sales & Group Purchases
Blainefab
Another new Blainefab product: Upper control arm drop spacers. These spacers go between the ball joint and the UCA, lowering the UCA to allow lower front ride height without the UCA's hitting on the shock tower.

2 models are available: Both require the use of OEM style ball joint boot with integral boot retainer. Moog ball joints will not work - the boot retainer is too large to fit in the space available.
If class rules allow, it is recommended to bevel the upper outer edge of the spindle to reduce the chance of cutting the boot. This is less of an issue on the LS1 spindle - GM made them more compact here than the LT1 spindles.

1/2" thick for use with OEM upper control arms

Or,

3/8" thick for use with Global West or UMI upper control arms
The limited clearance for the ball joint boot dictated the thinner spacer thickness, and the need for a flathead screw in the outermost position. Countersinking with a 82deg hardware store countersink is required. Drill press recommended.

Cost is $135/pair, includes Gr8 or better bolts, and all-metal locknuts

Pics:

Big thanks to 198esp for shaking down the prototypes:
http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?showtopic=15328

Blainefab
Global West is now shipping the CTA32 (delrin bushings) and CTA32D (delalum bushings) 4th gen upper control arms with Moog ball joints. The way they have them installed, the ball joint boots are very likely to get cut by the boot retainer and the fasteners. I have developed a spacer set that relocates the boot retainer so it can't cut the boot, and can offer a 1/8" retainer only spacer, or a 3/8" drop spacer in addition to the 1/8" retainer spacer. The installer will need to make some minor modifications to the ball joint mount plate in order to install.

Pricing on the 1/8" boot retainer only spacer, with new hardware, is $25 per pair

Pricing on the 3/8" drop spacer plus 1/8" boot retainer, with new hardware, is still $135 per pair

I am also continuing to offer the clearance and fitment mod package for $100 - this allows use on extremely lowered cars without the UCA hitting the shock tower. Cost is $100 per pair on GW ams supplied by the customer, or on new arms that I supply

I am a GW dealer, can supply new UCA's with any or all of the mods complete.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.