Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Ultra-Slim" Oil Cooler Adapter
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Advertiser Sales & Group Purchases
ImprovedRacing
We are getting ready to release an "ultra-slim" oil cooler adapter. This adapter was designed with header clearance in mind.

Features 13mm passages, same size as the ports on the pan, for maximum flow. It has two 1/8" NPT ports for sensors or a turbo oil feed line. It comes in an anodized finish and includes fittings for either -8AN or -10AN lines.

Price hasn't been finalized but will be around $129-$139.

Here are some screen shots of the CAD model:

Here's a photo of the prototype, which looks a little different than the production version above.

Here it is next to a Mocal thermostatic oil cooler adapter for size comparison:

We are also getting ready to release our oil cooler adapter for the GTO and other front-sump pans. It will be the only one on the market!

mesospeedy
If this works out I think you'll sell quite a few. I'm definately interested, I've been searchin the web for a while trying to find an adapter that would fit with my QTP longtubes. Please keep us updated on the progress!
JimMueller
Hey Mike,

Looks nice. I never did buy an oil cooler adapter because I was worried about fitment with the LSx longtube headers. I'll keep an eye on this.

Jim
ImprovedRacing
Thanks guys. The one place you might still run into trouble is getting the lines past the headers, if they really hug the block. But I think this will work for a lot of people. You're certainly not going to find anything with more clearance than this.
ImprovedRacing
The adapter will be priced at $139.00. I created a special pre-order discount of 20%, if you order by December 31st. We estimate it will be in stock and ship the first week of January. Shipping should be about $5.00.

Link: http://www.improvedracing.com/product_info...?products_id=68
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.