Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd gen 16 x 9.5" rims
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
slowTA
I bought a set of light weight rims from a board member a few years ago, 2006ish. I used them for 3 or 4 seasons then moved on to bigger rims so they're up for sale now.

I think they're about 16 or 17 lbs. each for the rim and 275/45-16 tires fit great. The offsets are staggered to fit the front and rear, in one of the pics you can see that I sharpied an F on one. Yes you can see the marks with the rims on the car, this way I couldn't screw it up easily. These are NOT street rims, they're way too light weight and pot holes will probably do a good job bending them. Apparently some people are using them on the street, but I wouldn't.

There were only 2 things that had to be addressed with these rims. First I needed an 1/8" spacer on the front, probably because I had a spindle that was tweaked a bit?

The second is that because these rims are stamped aluminum they use a steel insert for the lug nut seat. A couple of them aren't as tight as they should be and can come out. Obviously when they're bolted to the car this isn't a problem but Circle Racing, now Spinwerkes Wheels, sent me a new set of seats in case I lost a few. But I still have them all, they're shown in the ziplock bag above.

The tires have a build date from the end of 2007, so they're dead. I think they still hold air because they never gave me trouble while I was using them, and they've been sitting next to my press ever since.

I tried to fit the wheels over a set of C4HD brakes (13" rotor) and the caliper was just a bit too close for comfort. I was still able to spin the wheel by hand but I didn't want to risk it so I never installed the brakes.

I would like to get $500 and I would obviously prefer local pickup, but I'm up for a bit of a road trip as a last resort. I can have the tires removed if wanted.

Any takers?
slowTA
Is the price an issue?
dailydriver
I guess they are too wide for the 'street touring' size rubber (i.e.; the 265/45-16 Kumho XSes, or such), especially if I were to chance using them on our HORRID roads, considering how much that would stiffen up the sidewalls, huh? sad.gif

Except for going to built CCWs, is there ANYTHING else out there in a 16x9 for our bolt pattern/offsets???
slowTA
I used 710s that were 265 wide since that was the widest 710 made for a 16" rim. So a tire that size would physically fit.
dailydriver
I would grab them, but I'm afraid our roads (my area is even WORSE than yours!) would mangle these in a couple of miles. (They would be for street/autocross combination use full time, I HATE changing wheels at an event.)
slowTA
Bump.
slowTA
Bringing this one up for sale again as I'm selling off stuff to move.

Only difference is that the dead old Hoosiers are gone now... and I'm only asking $400!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.