Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Busy day in downtown Columbus
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
trackbird
I used to work in the building where this happened. Now I work next door. They had everything but the National Guard downtown today. There was more police and fire equipment on scene than I've seen in quite a while.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/mar/14/21/...ting-ar-964803/
Blainefab
That officer needs bigger bullets
00 SS
Shot 4 times and they still had to taser the guy? He must have been on something.
slowTA
Something similar started in front of my parent's house a few years ago. The woman was chased for miles then shot 7 times without missing a beat... they originally found her passed out behind the wheel of her car covered in a white powder!
1meanZ
QUOTE (Blainefab @ Mar 14 2012, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE (00 SS @ Mar 14 2012, 06:09 PM) *
Shot 4 times and they still had to taser the guy? He must have been on something.

I'm guessing the shots were taken at close range, why did the officer not shoot the guy in the head? I'd think if I were in that situation and had time to get off 4 shots, I'd put one or two in his chest and then aim higher....
trackbird
QUOTE (1meanZ @ Mar 14 2012, 09:58 PM) *
QUOTE (Blainefab @ Mar 14 2012, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE (00 SS @ Mar 14 2012, 06:09 PM) *

I'm guessing the shots were taken at close range, why did the officer not shoot the guy in the head? I'd think if I were in that situation and had time to get off 4 shots, I'd put one or two in his chest and then aim higher....

In an area full of that many people, you just can't afford to risk a miss. You have a really good chance of it hitting someone as opposed to something. That's a chance you just can't take under that kind of stress. Or that's my guess. Also, they train to shoot center mass. If she fired a head shot, she may have had lots of explaining to do...or "oops, I missed" might have worked too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.